Best fans for me?

over_c

Distinguished
May 27, 2003
I have recently purchased an Antec Lanboy aluminum mini-tower case. It can support two 80 mm fans. I plan on filling this case with the following system:

Asus P4P800
Intel P4 2.8 GHz 800FSB
2x256MB Kingston HyperX PC3500
40 GB IBM Deskstar HDD (old)
MSI Ti 4200, 128 MB, AGP 8x VIdeo card
TDK CD-RW(don't remember the read, write speeds)(old)

I will be attempting some minor overclocking. I have never done it before, so I will probably just increase the FSB to 217 MHz to take advantage of the memory speed

What would be the best fans to use in this case for what I would like to do?

If you think that the case is to small to allow any overclocking due to heat accumulation please let me know.

Thanks.

DOOM

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2001
I don't know the answer, but I'd be interested in finding out. Let us know what you finally get and how it works for you.

-DOOM

<pre>MOV AX,0040
MOV DS,AX
MOV WORD PTR [0072],1234
CLI
JMP FFFF:0000</pre><p>

marneus

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
ideally the biggest fans possible (bigger fans can run slower & quieter for the same airflow as smaller, more powerful/noisier fans)

U, probably temp sensitive fans (eq ttake or coolermaster as bog-standard ones, inexpensive & reasonable noise/performance)

heck you may not need fans at all, your HW doesnt seem to be high-heat ones so you may be okay but I would have some in there anyway...

Trust me I know what I'm doing... ooops, grab the cat... (Click me name to see me spec)