Green XP 2400?

Tasloth

Distinguished
May 29, 2003
Hi, The other day I purchased a boxed XP2400+ with plans of OCing of course. The chip is green, very different from all the pics I have seen on TH. In fact the chip looks slightly different and it seems that the L1 bridges are not exposed at all???

My question is: how do you OC this version of the 2400XP? I read on HardOCP that the pencil trick works again, would this be because of the new ceramic? and which bridges should I close.

I tried doing the pencil job last night on what looked like the L1 bridges to no avail.

Help!
Uber

tombance

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
I think this is the new package that has just come out. How recently was it produced and does it look like you can see the traces in the packaging? Also, all Athlon XP 2400+'s are factory unlocked, as are all thoroughbred B chips.

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5467618 " target="_new">Almost Breaking 12k!!</A>

Tasloth

Distinguished
May 29, 2003
Hi Tom,

Yes, on the top of the chip you can see the traces just underneath. The surface is really smooth, in fact it was difficult to get the pencil to even make a mark.

I am at work at the moment so I cant check on the manufacture date, however I will when I get home this evening.

I have tried to change the multiplier and from 15x to 16x but no dice. I am starting to get this sinking feeling I am screwed in terms of OC'ing the chip.

Butch

svol

Champion
You're one of the (un)lucky owners of the new XP package. The main difference with the old package is that it is very difficult to mess around with the bridges... at this point I can't tell you if the very tiny dots that are now around the bridges even have a function... but the old dots are now covered with epoxy.

But this shouldn't be a problem IF your CPU is unlocked... check if the L1 bridges are opened with laser cuts, if they are your CPU is locked.

And the pencil trick doesn't work anymore on every XP, you need conductive paint or epoxy to succesfully alter bridge configurations.

My CPU fan spins so fast that it creates a wormhole :eek:

Tasloth

Distinguished
May 29, 2003
I tried OC'ing last night, FSB is no problem I can easily do 15x133 = 2100. The multiplier is a different story, when I select 16x it does not change anything. However, if a select 14x the machine fails to reboot, so I am suspecting the that the chip is unlocked.

The new packaging appears as though the L1 bridges are uncut, there are however a few bridges to the right of the chip that have some cuts in them.

I was hoping to get the chip to 2200 or 2300 mhz what would you suggest the best method? (FSB only or FSB + Multiplier)

Does anyone else have this type of chip and what is your mileage in terms of OC'ing?

Much appreciated
Butch

Tasloth

Distinguished
May 29, 2003
I had one more question, would anyone have any idea why it would not work when the multiplier is raised to 16x? When I lower it to 14x the machine fails to reboot and I have to disconnect the power and reboot to reset the Bios so I believe the CPU responds to some multiplier changes.

I have a Asus A7V266-E with the Bios updated to 1011, there is a Beta 1015 has anyone tried that version?

Butch

svol

Champion
Hmmmmmmm... it could be to high for the CPU to handle, have you tried lowering the FSB first or increasing the VCore?

But if it doesn't allow you to run at lower multipliers then I'm starting to think it came locked. Give the 13x multiplier a try... it should be the lowest one that is supported when it comes unlocked.

My CPU fan spins so fast that it creates a wormhole :eek:

andrewbadlose

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2001
I got my AXP 2400 to 2.3GHZ stable ... boots higher but has random reboots at 2.3GHZ 13X200 at 1.85 voltage cpu temp is 48c with a sk6+... here is my 3d2k1 score if you want to get and idea what to shoot for ... with a ti4200 14.7k http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6562534

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/andrewbadlose/index.htm" target="_new">Computer Specs Updated</A>..3d mark 2k1 13500points

Tasloth

Distinguished
May 29, 2003
Thanks for the replies guys, I re-read my post and it was a little off. I have upped my FSB to 145 so x15 = 2175 stable 1.65 volts. I think going to a lower mult is not an option as I am running an older mobo and it does not support 166 FSB.

I was hoping I could up the multi so 16x * 2128 or 16x * 2240, but that does not seem to be case.

I'll try moving the multi again to 13x and see if works...

Butch