Not sure if I can run planetside 2... Help!

Flurious_54

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
Im getting mixed answers of if I can run planet side 2 or not. here are my specs:

GPU: Amd Radeon Hd 6670 GDDR5

CPU: Amd Phenom II x4 945

RAM: 4 gb ddr2

Thanks

cwhits

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
yes i think you will be able to run the game, but it will be on low settings at a low resolution. You may not get the best framerates because your cpu is gonna be the bottleneck. i have an i3, with 8 gig ddr3 and a overclocked 6670 (850 core, 850 memory) and i run it on mostly low after a few tweaks , but with high textures at 720p. i would say in order for it to be playable you probably are gonna have to be on the lowest settings, with a really low resolution.

yes you will be able to run t and pretty much max it out if you can hack 30-60 fps. the game is demanding in that theres a lot going on so it is cpu heavy. gfx wise its only demanding for the polly count. the gfx aint that hard core detailed.
although i only played the beta i found my system coped very well. you have a weaker cpu so you may well need to turn things like draw distance down.

cwhits

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
you should be able to play the game for sure,i just would expect running low/medium if you want to have it playable. i have the 6670 and it seems to have some trouble with medium if i get in a big firefight at a higher resolution. you may also want to lower your rendering if it runs slow because of your cpu, since the default is -1(which is infinity) and players only show up at 1000, and objects at 1800 i think. you can adjust that in the useroptions file.

DjDrago

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
hello, i am also interested in playing planteside 2, but i just really enjoy video games and no nothing about computers. my laptop is an i5-3317u cpu @1.7GHz with 8 gb ram and an intel graphics card 4000. obviously i dont have a gaming latop but can i still run planetside 2 on low res?