TheMASK

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2003
try google. anyways, heres a tip.
1. increase the FSB in small increments. if u get no post, then reset and increase it to the point where it worked fine. if u need, raise the Vcore voltage in small steps.

If sometimes you feel little, useless, offended or depressed or get that loser feeling, always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm out of hundreds of millions...

redoXan

Distinguished
May 1, 2003
about that, I have pretty much been doing the same thing, increasing the fsb, just wondering where/when you decide upon what multiplier to use?
I tried to take as big steps as possible with the multi then use the fsb for the smaller steps, basically try to get a balance between the two..
I got my 2400xp up to 2.23ghz ( 2700+) with my vcore at 1.75.
I went a bit higher but something screwed up on the HD and some graphics file was screwed, dropping me to 4-bit colour, so I had to reinstall XP.
Since I did the overclocking my 3DMark2003 score has halved, any ideas?
SiSoftSandra said that my AGP speed was too low ( I assume it had dropepd to 1x or 2x) but I dropped the agp to 70mhz and that message went away but I still have the crappy scores??

XP2400+ T-bred
A7n8x Deluxe
512 TwinMOS PC2700 CL2
Q-Tec 450W Fual Fan PSU
WD100J
GeForce4 Ti-4200 64MB
3 Fans
17 screws
1 Stick of chewing gum.

TheMASK

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2003
i used to get that too with Win98se. i wud try different settings at overclocking and if my system wont boot completely into windows 3 times in succession, then Registry CHecker wud kick in, restore the registry from an older date and then the system wud boot. i wud lose a few system files here and there and that was a real pain in the a$$.

Have u checked the AGP core/memory settings lately? THis may sound weird but a couple of times, my AGP card (MX440) had automatically underclocked all by itself, when i had actually overclocked it. if this is the case with ur card too, that might well explain the lower scores.

The reason u r not going any higher than the 2.23Ghz on ur CPU is because it cud well be the limit of ur CPU. i have a 1700+ T-bred B which, what ever setting i run at, wont go higher than 2175MHz. I use DDR333 RAM too, so ideally, as i dont want to stress my RAM, i run my set up at 12.5*171 which gives me 2137MHz (2700+), but to do this i have to set the Vcore at 1.92V. i also have a 1800+ T-bred A which wont post at anything higher than 1860MHz.

If sometimes you feel little, useless, offended or depressed or get that loser feeling, always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm out of hundreds of millions...

RivetHead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2003
Increasing the FSB in the BIOS is a good way to do it. The POST reporter (I love it) will tell you if you have set an incorrect or dangerous FSB... and, if she gets to hot, make sure the BIOS is set to shut the system down when core temp hits 70c (safe... but you are "cool" up to 78c)