O/C Problem Need Help

arifmanzoor

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2002
Hi! i just purchased a new M/B Asus P4 S533-MX. Its an Asus X series M/B. I am using a P4 1.80 GHz(512KB) processor and Samsung 512MB (266MHz) DDR RAM. Now the problem i am facing is that when i O/C this Processor to 2.40GHz. WinXP works Fine perfectly fine and every other application works fine and even when i am programming in VC++. but when i play games like Enter the Matrix or Cricket 2002 after some time in middle of game the computer restarts by it self. i cant figure out whats the problem with it. Can any body help me out about this thing!!!!!!!!!

svol

Champion
It could be power related or heat related?

What are the temps after running on full load for a long time and how many watt is your PSU?

My CPU fan spins so fast that it creates a wormhole :eek:

marneus

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
too hot, too overclocked, debatable... do a stress test with something like 3dmark2003 (ie loop the benchie for a couple of hours & see what happens)

Applications will never stress a system as much as a PC game... see, a reason to play games for serious 'testing' of systems...

Trust me I know what I'm doing... ooops, grab the cat... (Click me name to see me spec)