how do I ? P4 1.7 478 Overclock Water Cooled case

Wizzard005

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2003
Hello, I have a Koolance water cooler case with a Soyo Dragon Ultra motherboard. I would like to over clock my cpu to 2.2+ but I am unsure of the settings. The processer in the case now is a P4 1.7 Could someone please let me know if the correct settings to do this. Also, is it possable to over clock it to 2.6 since I have a water cooled system? Please let me know and thanks!

fw_190

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2003
P4 1.7 is not fit for overclock even if u have a water cood case.it can only overclock to 2g or a little higher.

night give me my black eye,but i use it to looking for light.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You have the old Williamette P4 which is notoriously bad for overclocking and terribly slow as well. In fact, it's probably slower than a Celeron 1400 Tualatin, and definately slower than a PIII 1400 Tualatin. You MIGHT be able to get it to 2.2GHz with water, but I wouldn't waste my time.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You have the old Williamette P4 which is notoriously bad for overclocking and terribly slow as well. In fact, it's probably slower than a Celeron 1400 Tualatin, and definately slower than a PIII 1400 Tualatin. You MIGHT be able to get it to 2.2GHz with water, but I wouldn't waste my time.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Yeah. Dont bother man. The Willy sucked with performance. and rarely could get to 2.2Ghz.
Much better to get a 1.6A, 1.8A or 2.0A and overclock one of them.

<font color=blue>Many modern games <b>must</b> be played multiplayer. And those you encounter online are, almost as a rule, <b>complete and utter cockmongers.</b></font color=blue> :frown: