chould my unclocked system be so hot

ben1hart

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2003
hi all im farily new to computers and stuff and wanted to now should my processor be 40+ celcius and should my computer in genral be above 25+ celcius if it shouldnt how can i stop them being so hot.

plus two days back both my upstairs and down stairs computers PSU's went boom and that was b/c i keept my pcs in a refined spcae kinda thing now they are just both on top of my desk can some one please tell me what is the best way for my computers to circulate the most air.

also none of my computers or overclocked?? and im getting worried about the heat b/c it seems pritty damn hot.

Thank you for your time
Ben

Auburn9698

Champion
40's is fine.

What do you mean they "went boom"? They broke the speed of sound? Or something less appealing?

Don't put them right next to walls or cram them into corners.

<A HREF="http://www.phototalk.net/photos/showgallery.php?cat=3394&ppuser=663" target="_new">My phototalk gallery</A>
<font color=blue>War</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Eagle</font color=orange>

ben1hart

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2003
okay thanks m8 youve helped me out so much i feel alot better now that its ok and i ment boom by litally BOOM it went Boom then all the power cut off in my bedroom and dining room b/c i use circuit breakers LOL :D
and thanbks again

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
sounds like you're drawing too much current there buddy - just like in my place... you should think about getting a UPS, it'll save your components from power surges/outtages like that (which can damage your gear).

<b>I like big butts - and i <i>can</i> lie</b>