Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Assassins Creed 3 resolution

Last response: in Video Games
Share
December 3, 2012 1:18:19 PM

Hey guys, I know that there are tons of threads regarding the major performance drops in AC3, but I'm having issues trying to change the resolution.

There is NO option for me to change the resolution in game. I even tried the Assassin3.ini file in MyDocuments, but they're not working either. It seems to reset every time I try to run the game.

I'm just trying to run the game at a lower resolution and with Vysnc off, as I'm not able to do that either.
I tried searching around the internet regarding this same problem, but all of them seem to be able to change their resolutions with the .ini file.

Any feedback is much appreciated.
December 3, 2012 1:36:30 PM

EDIT
I just found out, I can't change the DirectX to 10 from the normal 11. If I do that then the game automatically goes to the default resolution and settings and that's about it.

And changing the resolution did absolutely nothing, nor did the change disabling of Vsync. Just going to have to wait till the patch shows up then, huh?

Why don't you guys just quote this message. I'll give the best answer to the one who quotes first. :) 
m
0
l

Best solution

December 3, 2012 1:45:56 PM

Gman450 said:
EDIT
I just found out, I can't change the DirectX to 10 from the normal 11. If I do that then the game automatically goes to the default resolution and settings and that's about it.

And changing the resolution did absolutely nothing, nor did the change disabling of Vsync. Just going to have to wait till the patch shows up then, huh?

Why don't you guys just quote this message. I'll give the best answer to the one who quotes first. :) 


I would say wait till patch as loads of people are having performance issues.

I had the same problems with future soldier not actually changing the res. I wouldn't expect it to be speedy.
Share
Related resources
December 3, 2012 2:53:36 PM

Best answer selected by Gman450.
m
0
l
December 3, 2012 2:54:24 PM

Thanks for your reply. :) 

EDIT
I also had really old drivers, 267.85 for my GTS450. Upgrading that to 306.97 has really increased the performance.
I had around 5-10 FPS at Boston, but now I'm getting around 15-20. So I'm happy for now. Also going to try out the 310.61 beta drivers, just to see if it can make the game run even better.
m
0
l
December 4, 2012 12:29:43 PM

Just thought I'd do another update on my issue.

I tried the beta, and it works even better. :) 
Now I'm getting around 15-25 FPS in Boston. I'm also able to change the resolution in-game. So that's a double win.
m
0
l
December 4, 2012 12:32:04 PM

Glad to hear it. Hopefully UBI will put in more optimisations as time goes on and the PC won't get shafted.
m
0
l
December 4, 2012 12:33:54 PM

I seriously hope they do. They made so many claims that the delay for the game on PC was because they were optimizing it and making it less buggy. But turns out that they were all false claims. Still, Ubisoft has FarCry 3, which is great and I'm dying to get my hands on it. :) 
m
0
l
December 4, 2012 12:44:28 PM

Far cry 3 is probably their best title on the PC to be honest.

Good game to sink hours into.
m
0
l
December 4, 2012 12:45:13 PM

You've got the game?
How's the performance? Not as bad as the way they coded AC3 for PC, I assume?
m
0
l
December 4, 2012 12:51:11 PM

Performance is ok. Oc'ed 670 getting 60fps dipping to lowest of 48 so far on ultra with no MSAA.

Look's pretty nice to be honest. No complaints here after seeing what the console version looks like.
m
0
l
December 4, 2012 2:12:35 PM

Gman450 said:
I seriously hope they do. They made so many claims that the delay for the game on PC was because they were optimizing it and making it less buggy. But turns out that they were all false claims. Still, Ubisoft has FarCry 3, which is great and I'm dying to get my hands on it. :) 

Far Cry 3 on a GTS 450 is like a pain on the ##$$%^&
m
0
l
December 4, 2012 2:53:30 PM

Oh don't worry about that.
I'm not the one that goes for eye candy. Besides, I'm only going to be running it at 720p resolution with no MSAA.
It's not all about eye candy for me. :) 
m
0
l
Anonymous
December 5, 2012 4:25:37 PM

Quote:
Hey guys, I know that there are tons of threads regarding the major performance drops in AC3, but I'm having issues trying to change the resolution.

There is NO option for me to change the resolution in game. I even tried the Assassin3.ini file in MyDocuments, but they're not working either. It seems to reset every time I try to run the game.

I'm just trying to run the game at a lower resolution and with Vysnc off, as I'm not able to do that either.
I tried searching around the internet regarding this same problem, but all of them seem to be able to change their resolutions with the .ini file.

Any feedback is much appreciated.


Reguarding this Issue. Go rightclick the .ini file and go properties and tick the box named "Read Only" then edit the .ini to your liking and save it.

This time it should not reset.
m
0
l
December 6, 2012 9:27:25 AM

Thanks for the tip. But I've fixed the issue. The reason it was resetting was because I tried changing the DirectX from 11 to 10.
m
0
l
December 7, 2012 6:27:37 AM

thank you! I have met the same problem, but I found answer here!
m
0
l
December 10, 2012 3:14:33 AM

I have those problems to, but what is with these framerate drops? Cannot change resolution in game. Need to start multiplayer and then switch to singleplayer + it doesn't freaking mather if I put all settings to normal. Still the fps (boston the most :p ) slowly + major bugs in game. Looks like it doesn't change at all. Have the vsync on, cause I don't like the flashy thing in my screen. Further playing on 1080p....So any suggestions someone?


intel core 2 quad Q8200 @2.33 ghz @2.34 ghz
4 gb ram
sapphire ati radeon hd 7750 1gb
m
0
l
December 10, 2012 5:32:22 AM

Well changing the resolution doesn't help much. Tried a different driver yet for your video card?

Oh, and what do you mean by switching to multiplayer and then to singleplayer?
m
0
l
December 10, 2012 12:54:08 PM

What if on the ini.file everything is already set, and still doesnt change? I mean I try and change something, but everything is set like its supose to, so I click save anyway, and then I launch the game and everything still looks like crap. Do any of you know what to do?
m
0
l
December 10, 2012 1:46:11 PM

jreyk4u said:
What if on the ini.file everything is already set, and still doesnt change? I mean I try and change something, but everything is set like its supose to, so I click save anyway, and then I launch the game and everything still looks like crap. Do any of you know what to do?



Set everything how you want it. Go to multiplayer first then on the menu switch to singleplayer. Need to do that all the time as well, but still these framerate drops. Gonna try another driver AMD 12.6 should be the good one. playing on 12.11 now.
m
0
l
December 10, 2012 1:49:40 PM

Gman450 said:
Well changing the resolution doesn't help much. Tried a different driver yet for your video card?

Oh, and what do you mean by switching to multiplayer and then to singleplayer?



The thing here is. Everything is set in the .ini file. And still I need to go to multiplayer first. And go to singleplayer from there. Suddenly it seems to switch to the settings I prefer, but I'm gonna try another driver. Maybe that helps.
m
0
l
December 10, 2012 2:16:26 PM

how do you go to multiplayer first?
m
0
l
December 10, 2012 2:21:20 PM

Gman450 said:
Well changing the resolution doesn't help much. Tried a different driver yet for your video card?

Oh, and what do you mean by switching to multiplayer and then to singleplayer?



Ok different drivers won't work. It's still the same old. I saw on youtube you can change the resolution in game. That's also really weird, cause I cannot...(maybe this is an older game "devil may cry 4, but runs 60 fps) And where can I benchmark Assassin's creed 3 ?
m
0
l
December 10, 2012 2:23:49 PM

jreyk4u said:
how do you go to multiplayer first?



You need a original copy! Uplay it says singleplayer or multiplayer. You can also go to singleplayer first. Then select multiplayer. And then back to singleplayer again....
m
0
l
December 10, 2012 2:35:58 PM

i dont know i dont remember that. right now im trying to reinstall the game but can you tell me the exact steps what to do so when im done i can try again.

by the way do any of you know how to update your drivers for free
m
0
l
December 10, 2012 7:32:56 PM

jreyk4u said:
i dont know i dont remember that. right now im trying to reinstall the game but can you tell me the exact steps what to do so when im done i can try again.

by the way do any of you know how to update your drivers for free



You need to sign in with uplay right? On your desktop (Uplay) double click. Sign in your Uplay account (if you have one allready) Let the game do the autopatch (do not click away anything. Even when it seems not to do anything) When that all is done. You will see go to game. Then there are to tablets one with AC 3 singleplayer. The other says AC 3 multiplayer. Now first go to the .ini file (documents assassins creed III) assassinscreed3sp.ini . Change to your liking. Then close and save. Go to multiplayer. When in mp. On the main menu. The second from down "go to singleplayer". This helped me to play in full resolution.
m
0
l
December 11, 2012 5:41:41 AM

EmpeRoRrR said:
Ok different drivers won't work. It's still the same old. I saw on youtube you can change the resolution in game. That's also really weird, cause I cannot...(maybe this is an older game "devil may cry 4, but runs 60 fps) And where can I benchmark Assassin's creed 3 ?

Main reason why I couldn't change the resolution in-game was because of a very old driver. The option just wasn't there. So updating it to the beta drivers of NVIDIA, seemed to have worked. I was able to change the resolution in-game. The option came up now... Weird....
m
0
l
January 3, 2013 10:02:56 AM

guys can u send me the link to the original ac3sp.exe file? i was messing wth it and its not working now :( 
m
0
l
January 3, 2013 10:52:07 AM

Replacing the executable doesn't mean you can run the game properly again. You're going to have to reinstall the game.
m
0
l
January 3, 2013 1:19:55 PM

i hav done that in many games and they worked fynn.. i cant install the game again as i hav given my game to my frnd.. if i could then wont hav asked for the executable :p 
kindly if any1 can give me the link..
m
0
l
January 4, 2013 9:03:41 AM

I don't think anybody would be having just the exectuable file with them, unless you're referring to something like cracking the game?
m
0
l
January 4, 2013 11:01:30 AM

ok so the prob is that i want to patch my game and the updater gives the the following error "could not retrieve version number! installation will be aborted" so i thought my exe has sum issues as my game is cracked!
any help?
m
0
l
January 4, 2013 3:38:11 PM

Solution:

Buy the game.
m
0
l
January 4, 2013 4:56:43 PM

yea rite xD thnku
m
0
l
January 15, 2013 6:03:02 PM

Gman450 said:
Solution:

Buy the game.

well said mate
m
0
l
January 16, 2013 12:07:25 PM

maybe before you give that,you need to burn them (dvds) or make another copy for yourself...
m
0
l
January 16, 2013 12:07:41 PM

maybe before you give that,you need to burn them (dvds) or make another copy for yourself...
m
0
l
January 16, 2013 12:08:07 PM

maybe before you give that,you need to burn them (dvds) or make another copy for yourself...
m
0
l
January 16, 2013 12:10:34 PM

maybe before you give that,you need to burn them (dvds) or make another copy for yourself...
m
0
l
!