Sign in with
Your question

I have validated my Windows 7 Version. However, the product key will not work.

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
October 30, 2010 3:22:48 PM

Hello,
I have validated and registered my Winows 7 program which was installed with the computer I purchased at WalMart. However,I am trying to use office and the product key will not work. I have rechecked number 20 times and it is still rejected. How come? What to do?
a b $ Windows 7
October 30, 2010 3:36:46 PM

Are you using the key for the Office program ?? or trying to use your Windows 7 key ?? Each program will have it's own key code so you need the key code for the office program in order to validate it (not your windows 7 key) -- Most pre-built systems do not come with office but include just a trial version with a 30 day or limited number of trial uses. (there are free alternative to Office like Open Office - available here -which you can download and use for free instead of paying a couple hundred dollars to buy the same sort of program from Microsoft - It can do pretty much everything Microsoft Office can do including opening and saving in the Microsoft format and is FREE !
October 31, 2010 1:08:49 AM

JDFan said:
Are you using the key for the Office program ?? or trying to use your Windows 7 key ?? Each program will have it's own key code so you need the key code for the office program in order to validate it (not your windows 7 key) -- Most pre-built systems do not come with office but include just a trial version with a 30 day or limited number of trial uses. (there are free alternative to Office like Open Office - available here -which you can download and use for free instead of paying a couple hundred dollars to buy the same sort of program from Microsoft - It can do pretty much everything Microsoft Office can do including opening and saving in the Microsoft format and is FREE !

Agreed. Get open office.
!