Whats the best graphics game available now?

masterman467

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012
benchmarks, basicly. if you just want to stress the ship out of your system bf3 on ultra 3 1080p screens gets ~25 fps with quad gtx 680s (dual gtx 690s) so thats just about the best your going to get.

DragonClaw

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012

Also check out Crysis 2 and Crysis Warhead. One of the best graphics games released till date.

By personal favorite, is however, The Witcher 2. And not to forget, the game of the year 2011, Skyrim. It has all the elements an awesome game should have, and that includes the graphics.

Thanks,
Rick

DragonClaw

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012

Most demanding need not be the most visually stunning. A visually awesome game will vary according to different tastes, agreed, but if the best game according to me, according to you, and according to a few others are collected, we will sure get a list of best graphics game, and it will be sure be a good list for someone looking for good graphics games.

The other way, will be to look into the best graphics games according to a panel of experienced judges and critics.
So check this out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_Video_Game_Awards

:)
Cheers,
Rick

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

Oh I agree. This forum probably has 100 threads reinforcing that point. I'm not sure why a new one pops up every day at this point. lol

lol spike VGA best games of the year dont include binary domain and a few other notable titles 1 of my favs last year was bulletstorm. a truley inovative take on the fps shooter. let down by its lack of multi. but a great game none the less.
sending that whip out and shooting guys in the nuts as they travel towards you, only to be kicked away and shot in the face then impaled on a spiked fence... just 1 of the ways to kill in that game. along with some genuine humor (unlike the forced humor of portal 2) it was 1 of the best games of last year. and not even got a mention...
there games lists are based on sales hype and have nothing to do with actual gameplay or level of fun had.
i mean come on they have halo 4 up for best character with master chief. 1 of the most plastic of all game characters. diablo 3 as best pc game. who are they kidding...
seriously that list is created by people who think they know gaming but spend little time actually playing them. its a joke at best and offensive to gamers at worst.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

It's a good thing that I doubt anyone on this forum wakes up in the middle of the night worrying about what a Spike employee is thinking :lol: I'm only worried about who GQ will vote most suave male protagonist (pls be Poison pls be Poison).

master blaster

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013

dude go for crysis 2 -great graphics!

master blaster

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013

yes one game is there which came close to it and that will be battlefield 3!!!!!!

frascht

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013

WHAT?! I have a 3770k and a GTX 670 FTW edition and I get 50-70 fps on stock clock. What a horrible answer. That's with a 24" 1080p monitor.

+1

But Crysis 3 is the best at the moment - BF4 is looking good, too. BF3, Metro 2033, Witcher 2, and Crysis 2 + MaldoHD 4.0 are runner-ups.

iplikator3333

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013

IMHO Crysis 3, The Witcher 2, and Heavily modded Skyrim

masterman467

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012

Learn to read, bro. Reading comprehension is a needed skill and you will never pass 3rd grade without it.
I said 3 screens, Please READ THE POST before you it a horrible answer. That being said, who REALLY has the horrible answer here? I think its you, dude.

ShindoSensei

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
In my opinion Crysis 3 is the best looking game, but metro 2033 is the most graphically demanding. Those are commercial games out there, I'm sure there are games made either for testing purposes or graphic design purposes (in schools and such) that do have better graphics than that of Crysis 3; and you may even be able to find one of them if you look hard enough. But to answer your question It's Crysis 3. My friends and I chipped in for a test benched super computer so we got 4 Titans and played the game on three monitors! It looked amazing!

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011

I just saw that 17 min. 60FPS gameplay footage over at Eurogamer of BF4:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-watch-bf4-at-60fps

The thing that impresses me more than the graphic quality is the animation quality. It's just so much better than anything I think I've seen yet.....and I'm talking about in-game movement quality, not cutscenes. Looks like a lot of mocap was used.

If only DICE would use all this tech to make Mirror's Edge 2. I can't imagine the awesomeness of the 'Edge environment rendered in FB3. I think it might bring a tear to my eye.

A mazing. Thanks for that - keeping an eye on the animations was great - extremely well-done. The only nitpick I have is they need slightly better ambient occlusion. And can we PLEASE get some smooth cylinders for once!? Tessellate them! All those concrete pipes still look too much like Mario64 for my tastes.

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011

You know, one of the things that gets me in these super-tech heavy FPS titles is that these devs (all except for one) STILL haven't figured out a way to only zoom what is viewed through the optics instead of zooming the entire screen when the weapon is pulled up to sight. It's either a problem that is extremely difficult to figure out, or perhaps they just think nobody really notices how unrealistic that whole "zoom the entire screen when you look through your scope" is.

I have to say though, the video is pretty impressive. Light and shadow and material surfaces look really good.

I honestly don't care for BF single-player campaigns at all, but I'm going to buy this just because I HAVE to see it myself. ;)

Oh, and since we're on the topic of graphic quality.....how about a nice shot of Sykes face from Crysis 3. Look at that skin.....unreal...or rather, REAL.

file.php