cant overclock p4p800 at all

lumper

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2002
this post is a bit long but if people can answer the questions maybe we can get an optimization chart for this setup out there as it has many many new people running it.

we need bios guru's.
specs:
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6600187

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=880530

asus p4p800 deluxe 800 fsb bios 1007
p4 2.6c ht supported 800 fsb
ati 9700 pro stock 3.2 cats
western digital raptor sata 10k hard drive
corsair twinmx pc3200 dual channlel llpt
5.1 live
500 watt antec psu
liteon 52x24x52 cd/rw

i am running bios 1007.

regarding overclocking this setup, i thought i read that toms had run the fsb to 232 without any mods or special cooling?
i cant get it to run at 205 even.

here are some settings and there options , if anyone can shed some light on these it would be much appreciated.
i have been tinkering with the settings but i too need some help.

i cant get this setup to overclock at all, if i up the fsb in 1's to 205 and boot i post but then crash when i try to bench.

if anyone can help

there are settings for :

agp/pci ratios =??? should these be changed prior to an attempt at overclocking?
what to? why?

what does this do/is this for?
it has 66.66/33.33, 72.73/36.36, 80.00/40.00

agpdddq voltage=?

also regarding memory,

the dram idle timer looks like this"
0t,8t,16t 64t or auto
what are the differences?
higher better? lower?

then dram refresh rate has auto, 15.6usec, 7.8usec, 64 usec, and 64t.
again is higher better, lower? why?

also what is mps revision? there are two choices, 1.1 and 1.4 what are they for?

ddr voltage =?? should it go up? i thought i read that somewhere.

core voltage = ??

i turned cas latency settings to auto instead of 2-2-2-5 before i started and still nothing.

moving on there are two settings in power, suspend time out and thottle slow clock ratio

suspend time has these settings:
disabled, i get this one, but what about throttle clock ratio, it has 87.5%, 75%,62.5%,50%,37.5% 25% and 12.5%
are there any significant gains in these settings?

lastly i see nothing about agp 4x/8x in the bios, should i have a setting? am i missing it?

these are the settings i have and see in the bios for the asus p4p800 deluxe, i would like to optimize and test, then maybe overclock a little and test, anyhelp would be great.

thanks,

svol

Champion
Well I don't know your board but I can answer some questions because they're the same for every PC.

Set AGP/PCI to 66/33 NOT higher!
I asume AGPddq voltage is your AGP port voltage which should remain the default 1.5V

You might want to increase the DDR voltage to 2.7V although I doubt that your memory is holding you back.

Your core voltage shouldn't have to be increased with such a minor OC but you can always try increasing it 0.05V

Those suspend timing throttle clock ratio determines how much the CPU clock speed is lowered when in suspend (stand-by) to safe power... it doesn't have any OC functions.

My CPU fan spins so fast that it creates a wormhole :eek:

lumper

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2002
any thoughts as to what is holding me back then?
i added some koolign todat maybe that will help.
i remember toms article saying how high they went on basic cooling.

svol

Champion
Maybe to little case cooling?

It could also be that your mobo is undervolting the CPU... check if it runs at the correct one. And you could be one of the unlucky that get a bad OC'able CPU.

My CPU fan spins so fast that it creates a wormhole :eek: