Final Fantasy IX

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

Okay I hav just started playing this game.... in ice cavern - (yes, I said
early)
It's okay but did anyone else find that you are fighting monsters too
frequently? Is there
a way you can change this or is there a certain ability that reduces it?

Mel
9 answers Last reply
More about final fantasy
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

    In news:alt.games.final-fantasy, "Mel" <thisisnotreal@mel.com> posted on
    Tue, 6 Sep 2005 17:36:24 +1000:

    > Okay I hav just started playing this game.... in ice cavern - (yes,
    > I said early) It's okay but did anyone else find that you are
    > fighting monsters too frequently? Is there a way you can change
    > this or is there a certain ability that reduces it?

    I don't think there is. That's one thing about the offline games, and I
    hope we'll be able to SEE the mobs in Final Fantasy XII when it's released.
    I'm pretty spoiled to that because of FFXI.
    --
    ..----------------------------------------------------------------------.
    | Final Fantasy XI | Windblade of WIndurst on Odin | Elvaan Male |

    Windblade wrote:
    >"Mel" <thisisnotreal@mel.com> posted
    >
    >> Okay I hav just started playing this game.... in ice cavern - (yes,
    >> I said early) It's okay but did anyone else find that you are
    >> fighting monsters too frequently? Is there a way you can change
    >> this or is there a certain ability that reduces it?
    >
    > I don't think there is. That's one thing about the offline games,
    > and I hope we'll be able to SEE the mobs in Final Fantasy XII when
    > it's released. I'm pretty spoiled to that because of FFXI.

    Yes, it has been known for a while now that FF12 will have visible enemies a
    la Chrono Cross.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

    In news:alt.games.final-fantasy, "BuckFush" <notmyre@laddress.com> posted
    on Wed, 07 Sep 2005 04:28:43 GMT:

    > Yes, it has been known for a while now that FF12 will have visible enemies a
    > la Chrono Cross.

    I just never liked those really old Ultima games in which you could see the
    enemies, but you could only move due north, east, south, or west, and in
    only two dimensions, at that. I thought just not being able to see the
    monsters was better than that.
    --
    ..----------------------------------------------------------------------.
    | Final Fantasy XI | Windblade of WIndurst on Odin | Elvaan Male |
    | Alchemy Lv.84 | WAR: 21 | THF: 21 | MNK: 05 | WHM: 24 | BLM: 27 |
    | Bonecraft Lv.02 |-------------------------------------------------|
    | Clothcraft Lv.08 | PLD: 08 | RNG: 12 | NIN: 10 | SMN: 04 | RDM: 53 |
    | Cooking Lv.01 |-------------------------------------------------|
    | Fishing Lv.11 | DRK: 14 | BST: 01 | SAM: 08 | BRD: 13 | DRG: 01 |
    | Goldsmithing Lv.08 |-------------------------------------------------|
    | Leathercraft Lv.03 | Favorite Areas |
    | Smithing Lv.16 | Ronfaure, Sanctuary of Zi'Tah, Bibiki Bay |
    | Woodworking Lv.23 | Carpenter's Landing, Phanauet Channel |
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

    I don't see what the problem is myself.... half the fun in FF games is
    the random battles.... it encourages dilligence in character
    levelling....

    If you level up your fine, if you dont your not....

    if you can avoid 'visible' enemies then your just a wuss really....

    Thoughts?

    Tynian
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

    Nah its alright now suppose.... onto the second disc now.... I like the
    fights better.... now... kill em in one shot..... well some of 'em

    Mel

    "Windblade" <no-mail@hotmail.invalid.net> wrote in message
    > In news:alt.games.final-fantasy, "BuckFush" <notmyre@laddress.com> posted
    > on Wed, 07 Sep 2005 04:28:43 GMT:
    >
    > > Yes, it has been known for a while now that FF12 will have visible
    enemies a
    > > la Chrono Cross.
    >
    > I just never liked those really old Ultima games in which you could see
    the
    > enemies, but you could only move due north, east, south, or west, and in
    > only two dimensions, at that. I thought just not being able to see the
    > monsters was better than that.
    > --
    > .----------------------------------------------------------------------.
    > | Final Fantasy XI | Windblade of WIndurst on Odin | Elvaan Male |
    > |----------------------------------------------------------------------|
    > | Alchemy Lv.84 | WAR: 21 | THF: 21 | MNK: 05 | WHM: 24 | BLM: 27 |
    > | Bonecraft Lv.02 |-------------------------------------------------|
    > | Clothcraft Lv.08 | PLD: 08 | RNG: 12 | NIN: 10 | SMN: 04 | RDM: 53 |
    > | Cooking Lv.01 |-------------------------------------------------|
    > | Fishing Lv.11 | DRK: 14 | BST: 01 | SAM: 08 | BRD: 13 | DRG: 01 |
    > | Goldsmithing Lv.08 |-------------------------------------------------|
    > | Leathercraft Lv.03 | Favorite Areas |
    > | Smithing Lv.16 | Ronfaure, Sanctuary of Zi'Tah, Bibiki Bay |
    > | Woodworking Lv.23 | Carpenter's Landing, Phanauet Channel |
    > `----------------------------------------------------------------------'
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

    Man, read the post before.. Im not a wuss..... I just like getting into the
    story....
    and at the start (ice cavern) it was like that I couldnt because the
    monsters... but as the game carries on it doesnt matter..... I just
    remembered how to escape so it doesnt matter anymore..... I can carry on
    with the story if i wanted to

    Mel

    "Tynian" <Jarl.Tynian@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > I don't see what the problem is myself.... half the fun in FF games is
    > the random battles.... it encourages dilligence in character
    > levelling....
    >
    > If you level up your fine, if you dont your not....
    >
    > if you can avoid 'visible' enemies then your just a wuss really....
    >
    > Thoughts?
    >
    > Tynian

  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

    In news:alt.games.final-fantasy, "Tynian" <Jarl.Tynian@gmail.com> posted on
    7 Sep 2005 08:10:19 -0700:

    > I don't see what the problem is myself.... half the fun in FF games is
    > the random battles.... it encourages dilligence in character
    > levelling....

    It's not fine if you're out of tents or cottages, out of potions, out of
    magic and half your party is poisoned and you have no way to heal yourself.
    Plus sometimes I just want to get from A to B. I don't want to spend my
    time fighting every time I go somewhere, especially when I'm constantly
    interrupted by fights that only give me 12 experience points when I need
    30,000 to make it to the next level.

    --
    ..----------------------------------------------------------------------.
    | Final Fantasy XI | Windblade of WIndurst on Odin | Elvaan Male |
    | Alchemy Lv.84 | WAR: 21 | THF: 21 | MNK: 05 | WHM: 24 | BLM: 27 |
    | Bonecraft Lv.02 |-------------------------------------------------|
    | Clothcraft Lv.08 | PLD: 08 | RNG: 12 | NIN: 10 | SMN: 04 | RDM: 54 |
    | Cooking Lv.01 |-------------------------------------------------|
    | Fishing Lv.11 | DRK: 14 | BST: 01 | SAM: 08 | BRD: 13 | DRG: 01 |
    | Goldsmithing Lv.08 |-------------------------------------------------|
    | Leathercraft Lv.03 | Favorite Areas |
    | Smithing Lv.16 | Ronfaure, Sanctuary of Zi'Tah, Bibiki Bay |
    | Woodworking Lv.23 | Carpenter's Landing, Phanauet Channel |
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

    Yes their is a way that I only know and I will tell you on one
    condition.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

    Windblade wrote:
    > In news:alt.games.final-fantasy, "Tynian" <Jarl.Tynian@gmail.com>
    > posted on 7 Sep 2005 08:10:19 -0700:
    >
    >> I don't see what the problem is myself.... half the fun in FF games
    >> is the random battles.... it encourages dilligence in character
    >> levelling....
    >
    > It's not fine if you're out of tents or cottages, out of potions, out
    > of magic and half your party is poisoned and you have no way to heal
    > yourself. Plus sometimes I just want to get from A to B.

    If you're out of tents or cottages, out of potions, out of magic, half your
    party is poisoned and you have no way to heal yourself it's your own fault,
    not the game's design - you need to change your strategies cause you aint
    doing it right.

    On the other hand, having the choice of engaging in combat is a feature that
    should be mandatory in RPG's period - why can't game designers grasp this
    simple idea is beyond me.

Final Fantasy Games Video Games