Final Fantasy IX

Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 6, 2005 9:36:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

Okay I hav just started playing this game.... in ice cavern - (yes, I said
early)
It's okay but did anyone else find that you are fighting monsters too
frequently? Is there
a way you can change this or is there a certain ability that reduces it?

Mel

More about : final fantasy

Anonymous
September 7, 2005 5:44:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

In news:alt.games.final-fantasy, "Mel" <thisisnotreal@mel.com> posted on
Tue, 6 Sep 2005 17:36:24 +1000:

> Okay I hav just started playing this game.... in ice cavern - (yes,
> I said early) It's okay but did anyone else find that you are
> fighting monsters too frequently? Is there a way you can change
> this or is there a certain ability that reduces it?

I don't think there is. That's one thing about the offline games, and I
hope we'll be able to SEE the mobs in Final Fantasy XII when it's released.
I'm pretty spoiled to that because of FFXI.
--
..----------------------------------------------------------------------.
| Final Fantasy XI | Windblade of WIndurst on Odin | Elvaan Male |

Windblade wrote:
>"Mel" <thisisnotreal@mel.com> posted
>
>> Okay I hav just started playing this game.... in ice cavern - (yes,
>> I said early) It's okay but did anyone else find that you are
>> fighting monsters too frequently? Is there a way you can change
>> this or is there a certain ability that reduces it?
>
> I don't think there is. That's one thing about the offline games,
> and I hope we'll be able to SEE the mobs in Final Fantasy XII when
> it's released. I'm pretty spoiled to that because of FFXI.

Yes, it has been known for a while now that FF12 will have visible enemies a
la Chrono Cross.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 10:12:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

In news:alt.games.final-fantasy, "BuckFush" <notmyre@laddress.com> posted
on Wed, 07 Sep 2005 04:28:43 GMT:

> Yes, it has been known for a while now that FF12 will have visible enemies a
> la Chrono Cross.

I just never liked those really old Ultima games in which you could see the
enemies, but you could only move due north, east, south, or west, and in
only two dimensions, at that. I thought just not being able to see the
monsters was better than that.
--
..----------------------------------------------------------------------.
| Final Fantasy XI | Windblade of WIndurst on Odin | Elvaan Male |
| Alchemy Lv.84 | WAR: 21 | THF: 21 | MNK: 05 | WHM: 24 | BLM: 27 |
| Bonecraft Lv.02 |-------------------------------------------------|
| Clothcraft Lv.08 | PLD: 08 | RNG: 12 | NIN: 10 | SMN: 04 | RDM: 53 |
| Cooking Lv.01 |-------------------------------------------------|
| Fishing Lv.11 | DRK: 14 | BST: 01 | SAM: 08 | BRD: 13 | DRG: 01 |
| Goldsmithing Lv.08 |-------------------------------------------------|
| Leathercraft Lv.03 | Favorite Areas |
| Smithing Lv.16 | Ronfaure, Sanctuary of Zi'Tah, Bibiki Bay |
| Woodworking Lv.23 | Carpenter's Landing, Phanauet Channel |
September 7, 2005 12:10:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

I don't see what the problem is myself.... half the fun in FF games is
the random battles.... it encourages dilligence in character
levelling....

If you level up your fine, if you dont your not....

if you can avoid 'visible' enemies then your just a wuss really....

Thoughts?

Tynian
September 7, 2005 9:12:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

Nah its alright now suppose.... onto the second disc now.... I like the
fights better.... now... kill em in one shot..... well some of 'em

Mel

"Windblade" <no-mail@hotmail.invalid.net> wrote in message
news:p q0th1tbp8nkd38hbnh0r0ungarigh2t2d@4ax.com...
> In news:alt.games.final-fantasy, "BuckFush" <notmyre@laddress.com> posted
> on Wed, 07 Sep 2005 04:28:43 GMT:
>
> > Yes, it has been known for a while now that FF12 will have visible
enemies a
> > la Chrono Cross.
>
> I just never liked those really old Ultima games in which you could see
the
> enemies, but you could only move due north, east, south, or west, and in
> only two dimensions, at that. I thought just not being able to see the
> monsters was better than that.
> --
> .----------------------------------------------------------------------.
> | Final Fantasy XI | Windblade of WIndurst on Odin | Elvaan Male |
> |----------------------------------------------------------------------|
> | Alchemy Lv.84 | WAR: 21 | THF: 21 | MNK: 05 | WHM: 24 | BLM: 27 |
> | Bonecraft Lv.02 |-------------------------------------------------|
> | Clothcraft Lv.08 | PLD: 08 | RNG: 12 | NIN: 10 | SMN: 04 | RDM: 53 |
> | Cooking Lv.01 |-------------------------------------------------|
> | Fishing Lv.11 | DRK: 14 | BST: 01 | SAM: 08 | BRD: 13 | DRG: 01 |
> | Goldsmithing Lv.08 |-------------------------------------------------|
> | Leathercraft Lv.03 | Favorite Areas |
> | Smithing Lv.16 | Ronfaure, Sanctuary of Zi'Tah, Bibiki Bay |
> | Woodworking Lv.23 | Carpenter's Landing, Phanauet Channel |
> `----------------------------------------------------------------------'
September 8, 2005 11:09:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

Man, read the post before.. Im not a wuss..... I just like getting into the
story....
and at the start (ice cavern) it was like that I couldnt because the
monsters... but as the game carries on it doesnt matter..... I just
remembered how to escape so it doesnt matter anymore..... I can carry on
with the story if i wanted to

Mel

"Tynian" <Jarl.Tynian@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I don't see what the problem is myself.... half the fun in FF games is
> the random battles.... it encourages dilligence in character
> levelling....
>
> If you level up your fine, if you dont your not....
>
> if you can avoid 'visible' enemies then your just a wuss really....
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Tynian

Anonymous
September 10, 2005 8:13:52 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

In news:alt.games.final-fantasy, "Tynian" <Jarl.Tynian@gmail.com> posted on
7 Sep 2005 08:10:19 -0700:

> I don't see what the problem is myself.... half the fun in FF games is
> the random battles.... it encourages dilligence in character
> levelling....

It's not fine if you're out of tents or cottages, out of potions, out of
magic and half your party is poisoned and you have no way to heal yourself.
Plus sometimes I just want to get from A to B. I don't want to spend my
time fighting every time I go somewhere, especially when I'm constantly
interrupted by fights that only give me 12 experience points when I need
30,000 to make it to the next level.

--
..----------------------------------------------------------------------.
| Final Fantasy XI | Windblade of WIndurst on Odin | Elvaan Male |
| Alchemy Lv.84 | WAR: 21 | THF: 21 | MNK: 05 | WHM: 24 | BLM: 27 |
| Bonecraft Lv.02 |-------------------------------------------------|
| Clothcraft Lv.08 | PLD: 08 | RNG: 12 | NIN: 10 | SMN: 04 | RDM: 54 |
| Cooking Lv.01 |-------------------------------------------------|
| Fishing Lv.11 | DRK: 14 | BST: 01 | SAM: 08 | BRD: 13 | DRG: 01 |
| Goldsmithing Lv.08 |-------------------------------------------------|
| Leathercraft Lv.03 | Favorite Areas |
| Smithing Lv.16 | Ronfaure, Sanctuary of Zi'Tah, Bibiki Bay |
| Woodworking Lv.23 | Carpenter's Landing, Phanauet Channel |
September 10, 2005 9:36:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

Yes their is a way that I only know and I will tell you on one
condition.
Anonymous
September 11, 2005 7:26:42 PM

Windblade wrote:
> In news:alt.games.final-fantasy, "Tynian" <Jarl.Tynian@gmail.com>
> posted on 7 Sep 2005 08:10:19 -0700:
>
>> I don't see what the problem is myself.... half the fun in FF games
>> is the random battles.... it encourages dilligence in character
>> levelling....
>
> It's not fine if you're out of tents or cottages, out of potions, out
> of magic and half your party is poisoned and you have no way to heal
> yourself. Plus sometimes I just want to get from A to B.

If you're out of tents or cottages, out of potions, out of magic, half your
party is poisoned and you have no way to heal yourself it's your own fault,
not the game's design - you need to change your strategies cause you aint
doing it right.

On the other hand, having the choice of engaging in combat is a feature that
should be mandatory in RPG's period - why can't game designers grasp this
simple idea is beyond me.
!