Presario 2500 Laptop

A friend has this Laptop which needs to be cleaned of all the junk that
she has accumulated over the years and (screwed up!).
Does the Restoration CD allow a clean format of the HD and
re-installation of the system & drivers?
I have tried to search the Net for info on the process but no luck.
Thanks for any help.
3 answers Last reply
More about presario 2500 laptop

    If you are referring to the recovery CD, if the D:system_sav partition has
    not been deleted or changed, yes, the CD will allow a complete restore of
    the laptop. Be sure to save to floppy any documents, since the restore will
    wipe the drive first. When completed, the machine will be restored to the
    original software image, just like the first time it was booted.

    HH

    HH wrote:
    > If you are referring to the recovery CD, if the D:system_sav partition has
    > not been deleted or changed, yes, the CD will allow a complete restore of
    > the laptop. Be sure to save to floppy any documents, since the restore will
    > wipe the drive first. When completed, the machine will be restored to the
    > original software image, just like the first time it was booted.
    >
    > HH
    >
    > "EB" <eb@news.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>A friend has this Laptop which needs to be cleaned of all the junk that she
    >>has accumulated over the years and (screwed up!).
    >>Does the Restoration CD allow a clean format of the HD and re-installation
    >>of the system & drivers?
    >>I have tried to search the Net for info on the process but no luck.
    >>Thanks for any help.

    Thanks for the information. If that partition has been deleted, will the
    BIOS allow a regular DOS format from a WIN startup floppy so that I can
    install Win XP?

    The Windows XP install CD gives you the option to delete partitions or reformat
    them, so booting from a DOS floppy is not really needed. But, yes, you can boot
    from floppy with this and most any other notebook, as long as it has a floppy
    drive. USB floppies are convenient and easy for those computers which do not
    have built-in floppy drives... Ben Myers

    On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 22:17:37 GMT, EB <eb@news.net> wrote:

    >HH wrote:
    >> If you are referring to the recovery CD, if the D:system_sav partition has
    >> not been deleted or changed, yes, the CD will allow a complete restore of
    >> the laptop. Be sure to save to floppy any documents, since the restore will
    >> wipe the drive first. When completed, the machine will be restored to the
    >> original software image, just like the first time it was booted.
    >>
    >> HH
    >>
    >> "EB" <eb@news.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>A friend has this Laptop which needs to be cleaned of all the junk that she
    >>>has accumulated over the years and (screwed up!).
    >>>Does the Restoration CD allow a clean format of the HD and re-installation
    >>>of the system & drivers?
    >>>I have tried to search the Net for info on the process but no luck.
    >>>Thanks for any help.
    >>

    >Thanks for the information. If that partition has been deleted, will the
    >BIOS allow a regular DOS format from a WIN startup floppy so that I can
    >install Win XP?

Compaq Laptops Presario Computers