  • Computers
Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
July 10, 2005 1:32:38 AM

A friend has this Laptop which needs to be cleaned of all the junk that
she has accumulated over the years and (screwed up!).
Does the Restoration CD allow a clean format of the HD and
re-installation of the system & drivers?
I have tried to search the Net for info on the process but no luck.
Thanks for any help.

More about : presario 2500 laptop

July 10, 2005 9:19:53 AM

If you are referring to the recovery CD, if the D:system_sav partition has
not been deleted or changed, yes, the CD will allow a complete restore of
the laptop. Be sure to save to floppy any documents, since the restore will
wipe the drive first. When completed, the machine will be restored to the
original software image, just like the first time it was booted.

HH

"EB" <eb@news.net> wrote in message
>A friend has this Laptop which needs to be cleaned of all the junk that she
>has accumulated over the years and (screwed up!).
> Does the Restoration CD allow a clean format of the HD and re-installation
> of the system & drivers?
> I have tried to search the Net for info on the process but no luck.
> Thanks for any help.
July 14, 2005 2:17:37 AM

HH wrote:
> If you are referring to the recovery CD, if the D:system_sav partition has
> not been deleted or changed, yes, the CD will allow a complete restore of
> the laptop. Be sure to save to floppy any documents, since the restore will
> wipe the drive first. When completed, the machine will be restored to the
> original software image, just like the first time it was booted.
>
> HH
>
> "EB" <eb@news.net> wrote in message
>
>>A friend has this Laptop which needs to be cleaned of all the junk that she
>>has accumulated over the years and (screwed up!).
>>Does the Restoration CD allow a clean format of the HD and re-installation
>>of the system & drivers?
>>I have tried to search the Net for info on the process but no luck.
>>Thanks for any help.

Thanks for the information. If that partition has been deleted, will the
BIOS allow a regular DOS format from a WIN startup floppy so that I can
install Win XP?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 14, 2005 5:02:23 AM

The Windows XP install CD gives you the option to delete partitions or reformat
them, so booting from a DOS floppy is not really needed. But, yes, you can boot
from floppy with this and most any other notebook, as long as it has a floppy
drive. USB floppies are convenient and easy for those computers which do not
have built-in floppy drives... Ben Myers

!