Krypt

Distinguished
May 11, 2003
I have a 2400+ on a MSI K7N2-L motherboard. I had never over clocked, and I went to my bios and changed my FSB to 166 from the stock 133 without changing anything else. Now it wont even boot the bios screen so I can change it back. Does anybody have any suggestions? I really really need your help! Thanks

speeduk

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
Flash the bios. Look in the manual for the motherboard. In the jumper section look for jcmos or similar. Or take the bios battery out for a few hours then put it back in. Everthing will be at default settings. One question, are you using 333 memory ???

Turk

Distinguished
May 25, 2003
Hi! what you should do is to clear (reset) the c-mos. This is usually done by setting a jumper on the Mobo. One word of advise though, the computer must be shutdown (off) while you are doing this.
1. Make sure that the computer is powered down
2. Find the right jumper (look in your manual)
3. set it to "clear cmos"
4. set the jumper back in its original position
5. Power up.

Now you should be able to get into the BIOS, which by now has all its values set to "default". Make the optimum settings for each item, save and exit. If you still wan't to OC raise the FSB a couple of steps every time, i. e. from 133 to 135 and so on.

GL

Turk

PS you don't have to flash your bios, thats a completely different thing.

speeduk

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
Ive been a gigabyte user for 2 years, these boards have 2 bios' so when 1 fails the other "flashes" the main one, so confusing hehe.

Turk

Distinguished
May 25, 2003
Hi! Well I thought the flash from bios 1 to bios 2 was done if the bios got corrupt and that you still made a "ordinary" "cmos clear" in other cases? But ofcourse I could be wrong anyhow, isnt a "clear cmos" what he should do?

Turk