Solved

Far Cry 3 massive framerate drops when looking out to the sea

Hey guys,

Far Cry 3 runs fine with my i5 2400 and Radeon 6870 except when I look out to the ocean. The frames immediately drop from around 30-50 to single digits. I have the latest drivers installed, 12.11 CAP 2 and the latest game patch. I tried lowering the settings but there is always that extremely annoying fps drop.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,
Thanks
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about massive framerate drops
  1. Was this always a problem? Or did it suddenly start?
  2. it was always a problem, I just bought the game today.
  3. Can you turn down the water quality ?? I haven't bought Far Cry 3 yet, but I'd start with that or reflections to see what happens.
  4. I think the water might be using DX11 Tessellation, which is usually pretty ok but this game isn't optimised too well so Tessellation can have a great effect on performance. Not much you can do except turn down the water quality.
  5. Best answer
    In video quality options turn "Post FX" to low. Made a massive overall difference in performance to me.

After much aggravation narrowed it down to that single option really messing up most peoples FPS issues. Not sure if it's a bug or not.

Hope this works!
  6. Best answer selected by xl-caliber.
  7. thanks, as soon as i turned post fx to low it made a world of difference :)
  8. You can fix fps drop during camera motion by install HiAlgoBoost. Try it from hialgo.com
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Framerate Video Games