Solved

Far Cry 3 FPS

So my PC specs are 8GB DDR2 RAM, AMD Phenom x4 2.3GHz, X-Fi Titanium Sound Card, and now a EVGA GTX 650 Ti SSC 2GB Edition GPU. I know the CPU is a bottleneck because I should be playing at 30-45FPS on FC3 but im averaging 20-30 on maxed settings DX11. Considering I paid 165$ for the GTX 650 Ti, is the price I paid worth it when my old 8800GT could run it 25-35FPS on DX9 Very High but 720p Settings (Very High being 4th highest out of 5 Presets) The new card is using between 50% - 75% Load for these settings due to the FPS being limited by the CPU. Was the GTX 650 Ti a worthy upgrade for the price? The 2GB of VRAM is a nice feature for me seeing how I have a multi monitor setup but the CPU bottleneck is making me kinda regret getting the GTX. I think a standard 2GB GTX 650 would of been optimal but I have the Ti already. Was it a decent enough performance boost to justify the price?
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about tomshardware
  1. Bump
  2. PlanetaryPenguin321 said:
    Bump

Hi :)

Bumping wont help and is against the rules here...

All the best Brett :)
  3. Brett928S2 said:
    Hi :)

Bumping wont help and is against the rules here...

All the best Brett :)

Grr Ok. Thanks for letting me know. Had no clue they didn't like it here. Won't happen again.
  4. Best answer
    OC that GPU and CPU to help get higher FPS. the 650ti is an ok card but it's going to run out of steam on these heavier titles.

Going to a higher res and higher details is a big step up so it was worth it.

Maybe just get a new CPU cooler and take it much higher.
  5. Also please don't post walls of text. It's very hard to read and is probably the reason no-one has helped you yet.
  6. Only you know if it was worth it. My feeling is not really.

Mactronix :)
  7. Best answer selected by PlanetaryPenguin321.
  8. Run DX9 instead of 11. Also the post processing and junk will destroy your FPS, use a custom video graphics setting with; post processing, shadow, and geometry on low. It's always gonna be DX11 that's killing your framerate though, I can play FC3 totally maxed out on my GTS250 lol.
  9. there is possibility switch to max setting by hialgoboost :)
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Gtx Video Games Product