Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How to take screenshots of Far Cry 3 (uplay)

Last response: in Video Games
December 5, 2012 1:45:11 PM

I haven't been able to find anything in Google related to this, but i just want to take a few screenshots of this amazing looking game.

uplay doesn't seem to have a built in function for screenshots, and the default ctrl+print screen comes out as a solid black image.

I tried a few programs, greenshot and one other, and both of them would not take screen shots while in a game.

If anyone knows of a program that will work, or if there is a built in function i am missing, please let me know!

Thanks

More about : screenshots cry uplay

Best solution

December 5, 2012 1:51:49 PM
Related resources
December 5, 2012 3:11:16 PM

Yes it can.
m
l
December 5, 2012 4:46:20 PM

Can you specify how you did it using Afterburner? All of mine come out as solid black.
m
l
December 5, 2012 5:06:13 PM

computer_noob said:
Can you specify how you did it using Afterburner? All of mine come out as solid black.

That's exactly what i was experiencing with the 2 programs i tried, as well as the default. The video would lock up for 5-10 seconds why the sound continued, and the screenshot would be solid black.

Maybe its just not possible right now? I've played the game a total of ~2 hours, and the game crashed 3 times while in the menus, on top of the screenshot issue.
m
l
December 5, 2012 5:13:13 PM

I haven't played Far Cry 3 myself, but in other games that only caught black screens with print screen, MSI afterburner would give good screenshots. It might be a game bug.
m
l
December 5, 2012 5:42:18 PM

Sunius said:
I haven't played Far Cry 3 myself, but in other games that only caught black screens with print screen, MSI afterburner would give good screenshots. It might be a game bug.

Ok thanks, ill give it a try when i get home from work :) 
m
l
December 7, 2012 5:52:39 PM

Sunius said:

Yes, that's what I mean. The screenshots I am taking with Afterburner are coming out black.

EDIT: PrtScr and the screenshots are in Documents/My Games/Far Cry 3 folder. Missed it.
m
l
December 8, 2012 12:56:02 AM

I have been running FRAPS and using their in game screen cap. Hope that helps!
m
l
December 9, 2012 5:35:45 AM

Far Cry 3 runs through Steam so just use Steam's default F12 screenshot key.
m
l
December 12, 2012 3:19:24 PM

Best answer selected by velosteraptor.
m
l
!