Solved

How to take screenshots of Far Cry 3 (uplay)

I haven't been able to find anything in Google related to this, but i just want to take a few screenshots of this amazing looking game.

uplay doesn't seem to have a built in function for screenshots, and the default ctrl+print screen comes out as a solid black image.

I tried a few programs, greenshot and one other, and both of them would not take screen shots while in a game.

If anyone knows of a program that will work, or if there is a built in function i am missing, please let me know!

Thanks
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about screenshots uplay
  1. Best answer
  2. Sunius said:

I see it talks about video capture, can it just do screenshots as well?
  3. Yes it can.
  4. Can you specify how you did it using Afterburner? All of mine come out as solid black.
  5. computer_noob said:
    Can you specify how you did it using Afterburner? All of mine come out as solid black.

That's exactly what i was experiencing with the 2 programs i tried, as well as the default. The video would lock up for 5-10 seconds why the sound continued, and the screenshot would be solid black.

Maybe its just not possible right now? I've played the game a total of ~2 hours, and the game crashed 3 times while in the menus, on top of the screenshot issue.
  6. I haven't played Far Cry 3 myself, but in other games that only caught black screens with print screen, MSI afterburner would give good screenshots. It might be a game bug.
  7. Sunius said:
    I haven't played Far Cry 3 myself, but in other games that only caught black screens with print screen, MSI afterburner would give good screenshots. It might be a game bug.

Ok thanks, ill give it a try when i get home from work :)
  8. Sunius said:
    I haven't played Far Cry 3 myself, but in other games that only caught black screens with print screen, MSI afterburner would give good screenshots. It might be a game bug.

Yes, that's what I mean. The screenshots I am taking with Afterburner are coming out black.

EDIT: PrtScr and the screenshots are in Documents/My Games/Far Cry 3 folder. Missed it.
  9. I have been running FRAPS and using their in game screen cap. Hope that helps!
  10. Far Cry 3 runs through Steam so just use Steam's default F12 screenshot key.
  11. Best answer selected by velosteraptor.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Games Video Games