Kerio 2.1.5 / netstat

Win2K pro SP.4, no security updates: waiting for SP.5 ;-)
Single user workstation, no network, dialup connection,
assigned IP address. Still tweaking Kerio and no viruses
in last 4 weeks, AVG 7.0.245, checked.

Besides the "Listening" ports reported in Kerio's
Status Window, "netstat -a -n -p tcp"
reports another, port 1027.

Does anyone else see this?

I've already blocked (listening) incoming TCP ports:
135 - svchost.exe
445 - system
1026 - mstask.exe

I wonder what application is listening on port 1027?

Regards,
Alan (for email, replace illemann with alananne)

In article <10b2kg9l3fjk499@news.supernews.com>, illemann@surfbest.net
says...

> Win2K pro SP.4, no security updates: waiting for SP.5 ;-)
> Single user workstation, no network, dialup connection,
> assigned IP address. Still tweaking Kerio and no viruses
> in last 4 weeks, AVG 7.0.245, checked.
>
> Besides the "Listening" ports reported in Kerio's
> Status Window, "netstat -a -n -p tcp"
> reports another, port 1027.
>
> Does anyone else see this?
>
> I've already blocked (listening) incoming TCP ports:
> 135 - svchost.exe
> 445 - system
> 1026 - mstask.exe
>
> I wonder what application is listening on port 1027?
>
> Regards,
> Alan (for email, replace illemann with alananne)

You can use Active Ports to see what app is listening on 1027 as well as
other ports.. http://www.protect-me.com/freeware.html

--
Kerodo

"Kerodo" <kerodonospamkenny@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In article <10b2kg9l3fjk499@news.supernews.com>, illemann@surfbest.net
> says...
> >
> > Win2K pro SP.4, no security updates: waiting for SP.5 ;-)
> > Single user workstation, no network, dialup connection,
> > assigned IP address. Still tweaking Kerio and no viruses
> > in last 4 weeks, AVG 7.0.245, checked.
> >
> > Besides the "Listening" ports reported in Kerio's
> > Status Window, "netstat -a -n -p tcp"
> > reports another, port 1027.
> >
> > Does anyone else see this?
> >
> > I've already blocked (listening) incoming TCP ports:
> > 135 - svchost.exe
> > 445 - system
> > 1026 - mstask.exe
> >
> > I wonder what application is listening on port 1027?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Alan (for email, replace illemann with alananne)
> >

> You can use Active Ports to see what app is listening on 1027 as well as
> other ports.. http://www.protect-me.com/freeware.html
>
> --
> Kerodo

Indeed it does, thanks!