SMS to Overseas

I have friends overseas and they can SMS me. However, i'm not able to SMS
them. It sounds like a problem with Cingular to me. Any input on this
issue?

Overseas is a big place. how about maybe tossing out a country. Thats like
calling up a mechanic and saying My "car" doesnt work, whats wrong with it?

"Richie" <richie@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> I have friends overseas and they can SMS me. However, i'm not able to SMS
> them. It sounds like a problem with Cingular to me. Any input on this
> issue?

Examples:
Cannot SEND SMS from France, China, Thailand. Taiwan and Singapore work
fine.

"PDA Man" <pda@man.com> wrote in message
> Overseas is a big place. how about maybe tossing out a country. Thats like
> calling up a mechanic and saying My "car" doesnt work, whats wrong with
it?

> "Richie" <richie@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> > I have friends overseas and they can SMS me. However, i'm not able to
SMS
> > them. It sounds like a problem with Cingular to me. Any input on
this
> > issue?

Erik

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Cingular needs to have an agreement with a service provider in the country
you are trying to send to. I have the same problem sending SMS to Norway.

Erik.

"Richie" <richie@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> I have friends overseas and they can SMS me. However, i'm not able to SMS
> them. It sounds like a problem with Cingular to me. Any input on this
> issue?

Hmm, I can send SMSs to norway with no problem (I don't remember the name of
the norwegian provider but I know it is not the state owned one Telenor?)

"Erik" <eransoft@_nospam_start.no> wrote in message
> Cingular needs to have an agreement with a service provider in the country
> you are trying to send to. I have the same problem sending SMS to Norway.
>

> Erik.
>

> "Richie" <richie@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> > I have friends overseas and they can SMS me. However, i'm not able to
SMS
> > them. It sounds like a problem with Cingular to me. Any input on
this
> > issue?

Erik

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

The two largest providers are Netcom and Telenor. I have tried sending SMS
to both without any luck.

BTW: Just for a test I tried with a friend's t-mobile sim card. It worked
perfect every time.

Erik.

In article <Ow8jc.2103$Yu4.1859@newssvr23.news.prodigy.com>,
"Erik" <eransoft@_nospam_start.no> wrote:

> The two largest providers are Netcom and Telenor. I have tried sending SMS
> to both without any luck.
>

> BTW: Just for a test I tried with a friend's t-mobile sim card. It worked
> perfect every time.

Then you proved its a function of the Network, and not the phone.

It works for me, I tried sending a message to telenor and no problem. No
problems with Netcom either.

This may help (or may not). If you are a cingular subscriber, cingular has 3
service message centers on the west coast that I know of:
+1 209 904 2010
+1 209 904 2020
+1 209 904 2030

I am using the +12099042030. Maybe changing the SMS service center on the
phone will work?

I saw a posting once saying that after changing the SMS service center, the
sms started going through
BTW, I got these numbers from this link:

http://www.jokes.gr/en/mobile/smsc.html
(The numbers appear as PacBell SMS centers)

Now if someone knows a trick on how to send an SMS to Venezuela
(Movilnet/Telcel Bell South) I would greatly appreciate it. Someone told me
that if I changed it to the AT&T SMS center number it will work

Marco
"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> In article <Ow8jc.2103$Yu4.1859@newssvr23.news.prodigy.com>,
> "Erik" <eransoft@_nospam_start.no> wrote:
>
> > The two largest providers are Netcom and Telenor. I have tried sending
SMS
> > to both without any luck.
> >

> > BTW: Just for a test I tried with a friend's t-mobile sim card. It
worked
> > perfect every time.
>
> Then you proved its a function of the Network, and not the phone.

Erik

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Thanks. The new numbers worked! Why would Cingular provide me with a service
center number that is not working overseas?

I had +1 312 314 9810 as my service center number. Maybe that will work to
Venezuela?

> It works for me, I tried sending a message to telenor and no problem. No
> problems with Netcom either.
>
> This may help (or may not). If you are a cingular subscriber, cingular has
3
> service message centers on the west coast that I know of:
> +1 209 904 2010
> +1 209 904 2020
> +1 209 904 2030
>
> I am using the +12099042030. Maybe changing the SMS service center on the
> phone will work?
>
> I saw a posting once saying that after changing the SMS service center,
the
> sms started going through
> BTW, I got these numbers from this link:
>
> http://www.jokes.gr/en/mobile/smsc.html
> (The numbers appear as PacBell SMS centers)
>
> Now if someone knows a trick on how to send an SMS to Venezuela
> (Movilnet/Telcel Bell South) I would greatly appreciate it. Someone told
me
> that if I changed it to the AT&T SMS center number it will work
>
> Marco
> "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> > In article <Ow8jc.2103$Yu4.1859@newssvr23.news.prodigy.com>,
> > "Erik" <eransoft@_nospam_start.no> wrote:
> >
> > > The two largest providers are Netcom and Telenor. I have tried sending
> SMS
> > > to both without any luck.
> > >

> > > BTW: Just for a test I tried with a friend's t-mobile sim card. It
> worked
> > > perfect every time.
> >
> > Then you proved its a function of the Network, and not the phone.

Erik,

What service center works for you to Norway?

Singapore used to work for me, but no more. I guess I should try the other
service center.

Cingular should support Venezuela because they advertise it all the time.

> Thanks. The new numbers worked! Why would Cingular provide me with a
service
> center number that is not working overseas?
>
> I had +1 312 314 9810 as my service center number. Maybe that will work to
> Venezuela?
>
> Erik.
>

> "Topguy" <TopGuyNOSPAM@netzero.net> wrote in message
> > It works for me, I tried sending a message to telenor and no problem. No
> > problems with Netcom either.
> >
> > This may help (or may not). If you are a cingular subscriber, cingular
has
> 3
> > service message centers on the west coast that I know of:
> > +1 209 904 2010
> > +1 209 904 2020
> > +1 209 904 2030
> >
> > I am using the +12099042030. Maybe changing the SMS service center on
the
> > phone will work?
> >
> > I saw a posting once saying that after changing the SMS service center,
> the
> > sms started going through
> > BTW, I got these numbers from this link:
> >
> > http://www.jokes.gr/en/mobile/smsc.html
> > (The numbers appear as PacBell SMS centers)
> >
> > Now if someone knows a trick on how to send an SMS to Venezuela
> > (Movilnet/Telcel Bell South) I would greatly appreciate it. Someone told
> me
> > that if I changed it to the AT&T SMS center number it will work
> >
> > Marco
> > "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message

> > SMS

> > worked
> > >
> > > Then you proved its a function of the Network, and not the phone.

Erik

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I use +12099042030. However, what I realize now is that I only receive half
of the messages sent FROM Norway to me. Not a reliable service.

Erik.

"Richie" <mbc@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> Erik,
>
> What service center works for you to Norway?
>
> Singapore used to work for me, but no more. I guess I should try the
other
> service center.
>
> Cingular should support Venezuela because they advertise it all the time.
>

> "Erik" <eransoft@_nospam_start.no> wrote in message
> > Thanks. The new numbers worked! Why would Cingular provide me with a
> service
> > center number that is not working overseas?
> >
> > I had +1 312 314 9810 as my service center number. Maybe that will work
> > Venezuela?
> >
> > Erik.
> >

> > "Topguy" <TopGuyNOSPAM@netzero.net> wrote in message
> > > It works for me, I tried sending a message to telenor and no problem.
No
> > > problems with Netcom either.
> > >
> > > This may help (or may not). If you are a cingular subscriber, cingular
> has
> > 3
> > > service message centers on the west coast that I know of:
> > > +1 209 904 2010
> > > +1 209 904 2020
> > > +1 209 904 2030
> > >
> > > I am using the +12099042030. Maybe changing the SMS service center on
> the
> > > phone will work?
> > >
> > > I saw a posting once saying that after changing the SMS service
center,
> > the
> > > sms started going through
> > > BTW, I got these numbers from this link:
> > >
> > > http://www.jokes.gr/en/mobile/smsc.html
> > > (The numbers appear as PacBell SMS centers)
> > >
> > > Now if someone knows a trick on how to send an SMS to Venezuela
> > > (Movilnet/Telcel Bell South) I would greatly appreciate it. Someone
told
> > me
> > > that if I changed it to the AT&T SMS center number it will work
> > >
> > > Marco
> > > "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message

> sending
> > > SMS

> > > worked

What about the other two numbers? (2099042010 and 2099042020)?
> I use +12099042030. However, what I realize now is that I only receive
half
> of the messages sent FROM Norway to me. Not a reliable service.
>

> Erik.
>

> "Richie" <mbc@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> > Erik,
> >
> > What service center works for you to Norway?
> >
> > Singapore used to work for me, but no more. I guess I should try the
> other
> > service center.
> >
> > Cingular should support Venezuela because they advertise it all the
time.

> > "Erik" <eransoft@_nospam_start.no> wrote in message
> > > Thanks. The new numbers worked! Why would Cingular provide me with a
> > service
> > > center number that is not working overseas?
> > >
> > > I had +1 312 314 9810 as my service center number. Maybe that will
work
> > > Venezuela?
> > >
> > > Erik.
> > >

> > > "Topguy" <TopGuyNOSPAM@netzero.net> wrote in message
> No

> > has
> > > 3

> > the

> center,
> > > the

> told
> > > me

> > sending

It

Erik

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

They are all working to Telenor. I did not test sending to Netcom.