Sign in with
Your question

A couple of updates on Solyndra

Tags:
Last response: in News & Leisure
February 24, 2012 11:29:35 AM

Is it just me or does this seem criminal considering the amount of public money they've already received?

I swear the world is upside down.
February 24, 2012 11:48:03 AM

http://thinkprogress.org/romm/2011/09/13/317594/timelin...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tom-zeller-jr/solyndra-sc...

I don't understand why you aren't more upset with Bush, this was literally his idea (Or Cheney, God I miss those jokes). Lets think about it for a minute. You are a new president first day in the office you get your congratulatory letter from Bush Jr. welcoming you. You think thats it? No Bushes teams were prepping Obama bringing him up to speed on the Financial world collapsing.

You were told about a BUSH initiative to drive green energy and you follow through what Bush started. And one part of it failed, so is it 100% Bushes fault or 100% Obama's fault? Or a nice mix of both?
Related resources
February 24, 2012 12:04:50 PM

PSSSST Mingo! Bush ain't president no more.
February 24, 2012 12:30:15 PM

Some have been forgetting that for years now, mainly Mr B.O.
February 24, 2012 12:35:49 PM

All Im pointing out is this wasn't simply Obama he finished what Bush had started.
February 24, 2012 12:53:12 PM

I'm all for investing in "green" technology. But faillure after failure after failure costing tax payers billions and the executives of the companies getting lavish bonuses in 2011-2012 is NOT George Bush's fault. C'mon man, you can't deflect this on Bush in the least!
February 24, 2012 1:53:11 PM

But to say Bushs economic policies had NOTHING to do with this is kind of naive. Its pretty well documented that the bailout was started by Bush and finished by Obama.

I don't agree with the bailouts

I guess its easier for some folks to blame one person, but I like the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Maybe some people cant handle.......the truth.

February 24, 2012 1:56:01 PM

Mingo, George Bush didn't approve the loans to Solyndra. He started it yes, but why wasnt due diligence carried out witht his company in the finishing process? It just all seems like a political stunt, and a money laundering stunt to me.
February 24, 2012 2:05:47 PM

After reading through that entire article Mingo, i've come to the conclusion that they all suck and we are screwed as a country.
February 24, 2012 2:37:26 PM

I do remember that solyndra was expected to go under, and not to go forwards with this, at least with them.
That was Obama, tho Bush started it, you know, Bush the oil monger...
February 24, 2012 5:32:57 PM

omg, haven't you heard? The way the liberals are still blaming everything one Bush, this must be Bush's third term.
!