[SOLVED] Outlooks folders have all disappeared. i have rebooted

Status
Not open for further replies.

helllpme

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
everything in my outlook for mac 2011. disappeared outlook itself is still there, but everything is gone. mail, calendar, contact and when i do a search, it basically says no file associated with this program

Solution
Hi,

If your mail, calendar, contact was deleted by mistake, you can recover it with some tools. In the following table, in “Capabilities in Recovering Objects” section, if for a given tool, the “Recover deleted Outlook items…” is checked, then that tool can recover deleted items:

http://www.datanumen.com/aor/compare.htm

Most of the tools also provide a free demo so you can try first.

Steve

silverliquicity

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
Hey, im not to familiar with outlook but before you do anything about it, id do a full virus scan, dealing with what ever caused you to lose all your personal infomation is more important.

Id recomend you also buy an external HDD to back things up to incase somthing like this happens again.

ulysses35

Distinguished
search for the PST file - this contains all the information relating to your contacts and mail.

If this file is missing then there is little chance of ever getting your data back.

However the good news is that if this file is found there ar several ways to recover all the missing info (and even deleted mail too) but using a hex editor to corrupt the first few blocks.... this forces outlook to rebuild the PST file.

if you google "repair PST" file there should be plenty of info on what Hex editor to use and also which blocks need corrupting

helllpme

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
there was no answer that fit. i finally called microsoft and payed my money. this is for a mac. For anyone else with this problem.

Documents

Microsoft user data

Office 2011 identities

Find my outlook identities

Hold control

click identity

duplicate

if the stuff disappears go to this section and highlight the one with all the data
outlook identiies and then go to the wheel and hit set as default

Jhon_Steve

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
Hi,

If your mail, calendar, contact was deleted by mistake, you can recover it with some tools. In the following table, in “Capabilities in Recovering Objects” section, if for a given tool, the “Recover deleted Outlook items…” is checked, then that tool can recover deleted items:

http://www.datanumen.com/aor/compare.htm

Most of the tools also provide a free demo so you can try first.

Steve

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.