Sign in with
Your question

A good fighting game?

Last response: in Video Games
December 6, 2012 4:53:57 PM

Can someone offer me a good fighting game(like Mortal Kombat) for the PC?Decent graphics if possible.

More about : good fighting game

December 6, 2012 5:24:35 PM

Try Street Fighter.
December 6, 2012 5:32:50 PM

Virtua Fighter (currently #5 I think with some reissues forthcoming)
MK 4 (older but made for pc rather than console)
Rag Doll Kung Fu (don't laugh! It rocks!)
Related resources
December 7, 2012 12:51:49 AM

The best fighting game legitimately on PC is Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, by far. Its online community has actually grown quite a bit since the fighting game community warmed up to the better netcode and better graphics/no slowdown on the PC version.
December 7, 2012 1:10:38 AM

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ALL OF YOU!?
Especially you, Casual.

Get epsxe, then Tobal 2. My god, that is the best '2d with 3d models' fighter ever made.

Also, get Dolphin then Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3. That is the best TRUE 3D fighting game. I've spent hundreds of hours on it.
December 7, 2012 1:17:17 AM

MajinCry said:
Especially you, Casual.

Get epsxe, then Tobal 2. My god, that is the best '2d with 3d models' fighter ever made.

Also, get Dolphin then Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3. That is the best TRUE 3D fighting game. I've spent hundreds of hours on it.

venom0706 said:
Can someone offer me a good fighting game(like Mortal Kombat) for the PC?Decent graphics if possible.
December 7, 2012 2:05:24 AM

MajinCry said:
Especially you, Casual.

Tobal's considered a 3d fighter since you can sidestep, not a 2.5d fighter. And Virtua Fighter 5 is the best 3d fighter with Tekken 3, SCV and TTT2 being its only real competition imo (although I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Battle Arena Toshinden).

And the second game that you listed is not a fighting game. It's just an action adventure game with limited inputs. I can appreciate that you love it though.

Also SSFIV AE is legitimately the best 2.5d fighter ever made. It's not even a contest between it and any competitors (the closest of which are SSFIV and SFIV no less).

The best 2d sprite-based fighter, now THAT would be an interesting discussion, which for fun I would say is probably:
1. SFIII: Third Strike
2. SSF2 Turbo
3. Marvel vs Capcom 2
4. Vampire Savior
5. KOF XIII
6. Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
7. KOF 98 UM
8. Street Fighter Alpha 3
9. Capcom vs SNK 2
10. Samurai Shodown 2

Disclaimer: Only reason I didn't mention Garou is because its roster is a little limited. In technical terms it hangs in there with SFIII imo.
December 7, 2012 2:54:51 PM

Is Mortal Kombat Deception any good?
December 7, 2012 3:06:14 PM

venom0706 said:
Is Mortal Kombat Deception any good?

According to Gamespot it's really good, but it doesn't exist for PC. I guess you could ROM it.
December 7, 2012 3:45:32 PM

All of the 3D Mortal Kombats were failures. The series had a recent revival with MK9 (which is a 2.5d fighter ie rendered in 3d polygons but strictly on a 2d plane) but it is not on PC.
December 7, 2012 3:52:57 PM

casualcolors said:
All of the 3D Mortal Kombats were failures. The series had a recent revival with MK9 (which is a 2.5d fighter ie rendered in 3d polygons but strictly on a 2d plane) but it is not on PC.

Call me a freak but I loved MKIV. I loved being able to slam someone INTO the monitor, and when played from the disc it runs and looks great. My biggest complaint about fighting games on PC is it's not the best place to play other people (unless you have consistent and fast internet which I don't) and regardless of how good a game is, bots can get really boring really fast!
December 8, 2012 12:00:29 AM

tinyE said:
Call me a freak but I loved MKIV. I loved being able to slam someone INTO the monitor, and when played from the disc it runs and looks great. My biggest complaint about fighting games on PC is it's not the best place to play other people (unless you have consistent and fast internet which I don't) and regardless of how good a game is, bots can get really boring really fast!

In person will always be the best way to play someone, but you can do that on a PC as easily as on a console. And if you have poor connection on PC netplay, it's only going to be worse through a console where the netcode is often significantly worse. Honestly, PC is the best way to play a fighting game unless the game just isn't on PC, like MvC3.
December 8, 2012 12:16:06 AM

casualcolors said:
In person will always be the best way to play someone, but you can do that on a PC as easily as on a console. And if you have poor connection on PC netplay, it's only going to be worse through a console where the netcode is often significantly worse. Honestly, PC is the best way to play a fighting game unless the game just isn't on PC, like MvC3.

Far out, I didn't know that. Now I don't feel so jealous of all the pple who tell me I'm suffering by gaming on a PC rather than console. Thanks
December 8, 2012 12:55:06 AM

tinyE said:
Far out, I didn't know that. Now I don't feel so jealous of all the pple who tell me I'm suffering by gaming on a PC rather than console. Thanks

PC is pretty badass and it's a shame that it would be too expensive for most smaller fighting game tournaments to have enough rigs on hand to run the event from PC. The PC versions of games like SSFIV AE have zero frame slowdown vice significant slowdowns in some stages on PS3 and some slowdowns on 360. Also, all of the fightsticks made after the Chun Li special edition stick from madcatz work natively on PC, including the PS3 versions (and without using motionjoy). Likewise all of Hori's sticks work natively with PC as well, including their PS3 sticks. That way people who don't have dual modded sticks don't have to worry about A. owning 2 sticks or B. using an adapter that causes some potential input latency.

Add to all of that, the fact that PC has GGPO online play for classics like Vampire Savior and SSF2 Turbo and use filters and shaders to create effects like scanlines, RGB triads, screen curvature and so on to give an authentic look, and you've got a great platform for people who love to play fighting games they grew up on as well.
!