Gaming headset?

lange

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
I would like a decent gaming headset to sound clear on youtube/skype please. :)

Price range 40-60 usd if possible.

Edit- I see some people with cool headsets that light up with red or blue or something.. not needed but that would be cool to have.... probably not available for this price though. xD

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
TurtleBeach has some affordable ones (they might have the LED but you're right, for your price range, you might not find any), not sure if you'll fancy those but worth a try.

For that price range, you could get a BOSS stereo-headset which would give you a clear stereo sound. However, be ready to get the not-so-perfect microphones attachments...unless you're willing to up your budget a bit.

I'm a huge fan of TRITTON but they dont' have any in your price range...

Hope this helps.

Dirk1024

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012

Depends how badly you want it. I say cut ur food allowance until you have an extra $40 to spare. Then buy a logitech G930 wireless 7.1 surround sound gaming headset. Ive had it for a few months now and its one of the best things ive ever owned. Being wireless is so convienent as you dont need to take it off when you go to the kitchen to grab something to eat. I would get this headset for this reason only. It comes with about a 2m recharging cable which means you can use it uninterupted if the battery goes flat. The sound is awesome and the headset is lightweight and extremely comfortable. The only drawback I found is that it feels flimsy, but I am always very careful not to drop it and it hasnt given me any problems so far

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007

Looks good but doesn't have a microphone attachment...

Turtle Beach entry level headset: the Force X12 Gaming Headset is around $50 bucks. If you want surround, you'll have to shop for deals and be patient (though it might pay off in the end).

Here's Turtle Beach's selection. http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/headsets

Again, I'd go with Tritton over Turltle Beach any day but Tritton headsets are a lot more expensive...

Logitech is a great company and they make pretty good speakers (so I would assume their headsets are also pretty good). That said, if you look at their selection, gaming headsets are way out of your pricerange (those with mic attachments)...so don't bother.

loresr97

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012

What's the microphone attachment?

lange

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012

I think thats the thing that is next to your mouth and you talk into? This one has it on the cord or whatever. :p

loresr97

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012

Umm I know what a microphone is what I didn't know is the attachment, it does have it but its hard to see because it can be hidden

lange

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012

Well I looked at other pictures and stuff and didn't see it? I think its on the chord, do you own this one? :O

lange

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012

Thank you, I think I will go with this one. :D