Far Cry 3 looks pixelated at times. Anyone else having this issue?

TrueTexan

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
So I just got Far Cry 3. The game is great. I'm slightly annoyed. The game kinda gets fuzzy at times and I can see pixels in the textures particularly when I'm moving and it mainly happens in the foilage/rocks. My computer is literally a week old so I hope there are no hardware issues and its just the game. I have not had this issue on any other games. I turned antialiasing up to 4x and no luck. I'm running at around 75 fps or so onfraps says on medium settings. My cpu is a 2120 gpu 7850 and I have 8gb of ram. I'm wondering if its the new 1080 monitor I got but I really have no idea.

FecesPieces

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
Yeah, I've noticed it too. It's pop-in. Rather than having objects pop in out of nowhere, they kind of dissolve in. I think it's meant to mask it, but it appears to have the opposite effect.

iyzik

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2012
There are some weird graphical problems I am having but I just assumed it was do to lack of Crossfire Profiles and drivers for it yet. I don't think I completely understand what you mean with the pixelation, but I don't think I'm experiencing it. I do have slightly flashing/strobing textures and a little glitchy on the interior of vehicles most noticeably. Also the motion blur in vehicles looks like crap but I don't that is our problem, I think it's just the engine.