Nat'l access VS Americas choice?

I have had a Verizon no roaming plan in various forms for several years now.
I am currently a couple of months into a 2 year contract on "nat'l access
MOU" data & voice plan. 2K minutes per month with 1K on weekends & MOU on
data. I drive truck OTR. I have been toying with the idea of switching to
Americas choice to save money. I have wi-fi accounts to access the web &
rarely use the 1x data connect.
I currently have an LG VX6100. I have been watching the roam indicator
(triangle) & have never seen it go to solid(full roam) mode Its always
flashing.. However when I'm off Verizon on "extended network" & push the
send button it says "roam" next to the timer.
Outside of a lot of dropped calls while moving I am generally able to use
the service everywhere.
Has anyone here switched from national access to Americas choice & if so how
was the level of coverage? Is there a way to determine if the calls I
previously made would have gone through on Americas choice?
Does Verizon have a trial period if I'm not happy with the AC, or do I lose
my original plan?
I travel all over & don't wish to degrade my coverage.
--
CorkyF

I've only traveled through a few spots in the past 3 months where
coverage is available with NA or SRN, but not on AC2.

1. Small areas of NW Massachusetts.

2. Short break in coverage after the transition from I-15 to I-70 in
Utah, poor reception on NSR, not available on AC2.

3. Areas around Grand Canyon in northern AZ.

4. Much of eastern West Virginia.

5. California 395 just south of Ridgecrest.

There are certainly others, as I've not traveled to the Pacific NW
since the changes.

One quick question--how were you able to get the 1K weekend minutes
with the National Access plan? Or was that just grandfathered from
years back?

"617 Phones" <617@volcanomail.com> wrote in message
> I've only traveled through a few spots in the past 3 months where
> coverage is available with NA or SRN, but not on AC2.
>
> 1. Small areas of NW Massachusetts.
>
> 2. Short break in coverage after the transition from I-15 to I-70 in
> Utah, poor reception on NSR, not available on AC2.
>
> 3. Areas around Grand Canyon in northern AZ.
>
> 4. Much of eastern West Virginia.
>
> 5. California 395 just south of Ridgecrest.
>
> There are certainly others, as I've not traveled to the Pacific NW
> since the changes.
>
> One quick question--how were you able to get the 1K weekend minutes
> with the National Access plan? Or was that just grandfathered from
> years back?

Originally when I signed I received 3K weekend for an incentive. A couple
years later I upgraded the plan & lost the free weekend minutes. However
they said for $10 they would toss in 1K free weekend minutes. Ah.....good
'ol Verizon :eek:)

"617 Phones" <617@volcanomail.com> wrote:

>One quick question--how were you able to get the 1K weekend minutes
>with the National Access plan? Or was that just grandfathered from
>years back?

I have this also, national access with weekend minutes because I've had it for a
few years. They won't even let me change the number of minutes in my plan,
though, without losing the free weekends.

"Kevin Porter" <kporter@roux.com> wrote in message
> "617 Phones" <617@volcanomail.com> wrote:
>>
>>One quick question--how were you able to get the 1K weekend minutes
>>with the National Access plan? Or was that just grandfathered from
>>years back?
>
> I have this also, national access with weekend minutes because I've had it
> for a
> few years. They won't even let me change the number of minutes in my
> plan,
> though, without losing the free weekends.

That's how I lost mine. Upgraded from1500 to 2000. Lost my 3000 free
weekend minutes, but since I used it mainly to avoid long distance charges,
and my phone company went to unlimited LD, it wasn't a real deal breaker.
The nice people at Verizon did sell me a 1000 weekend minute add on for $10.
--
CorkyF