MSI's Dynamic Overclocking Technology

Jamers

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2003
I plan to get MSI's MS-6728G aka 865G Neo2-S motherboard. I first learned about it on Tom Hardware Guide for it's innovative CoreCell tehnology that uses DOT (Dynamic Overclocking Technology) to increases the FSB speeds by 6% to 8% under load. This sounds great to me. However, I don't fully understand the relationship between the Memory clock and the FSB clock. I know I've heard it is best to have them in-sync. So if the FSB automatically changes to the 862 mhz under load wouldn't the memory clock still stay at 400 mhz, thus being out of sync? Any comments or experience with this would be helpful.
http://www.msi.com.tw/html/newsrelease/MSI_news/2003_0523_fsbcraze.htm

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Well, you're in the overclocking forum. Most of us would prefer to overclock manually and find the limits ourselves than to let MSI do it for us and not as well as we can. Also the Abit and Asus boards are faster than the MSI boards now, check out Anandtech's comparison!

So basically you have an overclocked system that performs worse than another stock clocked system...and the knowledge that if you overclocked the other system, it would be even faster still.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

Jamers

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2003
Well the Anandtech review of the Abit IS7 is very compelling. Now I'm leaning in that direction. Price is the same too.