Hi, I'm running Check Point NG FP3 & I'm trying to set up a remote access
VPN. I'm still fairly new to it & the books I have aren't too clear on it.
Does anybody have any recommendations for documentation on setting up the
VPN? Thanks.

RC

You have the option of Secure Client or Secure Remote, Secure Client
costs money.

So test out, down load secure remote from the web site and install on
a PC and then you have to setup the vpn bit on the gateway, that can
be a bit complex and u need to undersand a fair amout about CP, there
are docs on the web site that tell you waht to do

https://support.checkpoint.com/kb/public/idsearch.jsp?id=55.0.4222079.2607206&top=1&TopTen=true

or alternative CP does support L2TP with a standerd MS VPN client, but
this does not work if the client is behind a NAT router

On Mon, 24 May 2004 20:54:25 GMT, "John D." <jdrisc@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Hi, I'm running Check Point NG FP3 & I'm trying to set up a remote access
>VPN. I'm still fairly new to it & the books I have aren't too clear on it.
>Does anybody have any recommendations for documentation on setting up the
>VPN? Thanks.

Thanks for responding. So really what needs to be done is the community
needs to be defined, the users need to be defined, and authentication etc.
Does the rule in the rule base need to be created by me or is it implied
based on the global properties? I need to set this up to use RSA SecureID's
as well. Thanks for the link, I found a document up there that I hadn't
come across yet.