Sudden BF3 performance problem

Hello All,

I have been playing bf3 on my desktop for several months now: and had a nice 120 fps on Low, 80 on Medium, 65-70 on High and so on in both Single and Multiplayer:

I stopped gaming for 4 weeks at a stretch and when I came back to play Bf3 again I found that my FPS in MP dropped to 40~60 on Low. This only happens on MultiPlayer.

I updated my Drivers for my GPU (listed below) and after installing the Aftermath expansion it is the same. I have my complete rig listed below. please help!

If you require any additional information, please ask.

EDIT: This is not only for MP: my GPU performance has dropped on all games.

DESKTOP:
i7 860 @ 2.8Ghz | ASUS Maximus GENE iii | GSkill Sniper 8GB (4x2) | ATI Radeon 5970 2GB | 700W PSU (Local Brand) | Intel 510 SSD 120GB | Toshiba 2.5in HDD 300GB | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD |

PERIPHERALS :
Razer Deathadder 3500 | Cyborg V5 Keyboard| Thermaltake Shock Spin HD Headset| LG IPS 23 inch Monitor|| Steelseries Qck Mini Mousepad
4 answers Last reply
More about sudden performance problem
  1. Check your cooler, check everything internally.
  2. I have: temps are fine too.
  3. download the cat profiles and run the games with the specific 1s enabled for bf3. if you dont the game will think your pc has only 1 gpu available when it has 2.
  4. HEXiT said:
    download the cat profiles and run the games with the specific 1s enabled for bf3. if you dont the game will think your pc has only 1 gpu available when it has 2.

I'll try that.

Also, I have just seen that my GPU is only 40% Usage in game
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Battlefield Video Games