What games can I play??

AmaanK

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2012
Hello everyone..... :)

I want to play good games.But i cannot afford to build up a gaming machine at this point of time.
So i was wondering what games would i be able to play with this laptop configuration...??

CPU-Intel Pentium Dual Core B940 2.0 GHZ
Graphics-Intel HD 3000
RAM-2 GB
HDD-500 GB

:) :) :)

I would appreciate if you don't reply with "YOU CAN PLAY MINESWEEPER WITH THAT" :non: and *** like that............!!!

Thanks All!!! :)

RamshaL

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
You can play these games:
Need for Speed 1, 2, 3, 4, Porsche, Underground, Underground II, Most Wanted.
Call of Duty 1, 2.
GTA 1, 2, 3, Vice City, San Andreas.
Pro Evolution Soccer 5
The Sims 2
SimCity 4
Counter Strike 1.6
Command and Conquer: Red Alert II
Civilization III
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones, Warrior Within
Age of Empires II
Left 4 Dead
Delta Force: 1, 2, Black Hawk Down

There are many more other games you could run.

iGGY-101

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2011
+1 RamshaL
Those games listed and older games should run.

More:
Half Life
Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic ?
Angry Birds
Chicken Invaders 4 - Ultimate Omelette
Minecraft ? (Possibly, but laggy)
Halo: Combat Evolved
Worms Reloaded (Newer)
Worms World Party (Old)
Plants vs Zombies

Really light games....
And I can play all these and many others on my HP Mini 210 with an Intel Atom processor and 1GB of ram lol.

bc5

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
Knights of the Old Republic is awesome! One of my all time favourites. San Andreas is another excellent recommendation there. You could also play Command & Conquer Generals (and Zero Hour addon). Freelancer is an excellent space sim, though won't go above 1280x720 (you might be able to get a hack for that though). Manhunt is absolutely brilliant, or Hitman: Silent Assassin. Or Max Payne 2, Unreal Tournament 2003/2004... Unreal 2 is really excellent also!

tinyE

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
If KOTOR works KOTOR II should be okay too but it's REALLY buggy; add countless other great Star Wars games both old and new that remain a blast to play.
Also:
AOE 3
DARKSTAR ONE (Freelancer with better graphics)
DOOM 3, Quake 4 (slightly tweeked)
Oblivion
T.R. 1-7, 8?
Titan Quest + expansion
Sacred (Sacred 2?)
Divine Divinity
and don't forget Warcraft 2 & 3!

With weaker systems I tend too look for replayability over visuals. Games like X-Wing are tiny and basic but fun enough to keep you busy untill you can push for a better setup.

bc5

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
If Doom 3 and Quake 4 are playable, Serious Sam 2 might be also. Could be pushing it though. If you can play Red Faction Guerilla, that's one of the most fun games I've ever played. I was almost gonna suggest Darkstar One (I'm actually playing it at the moment) and the graphics certainly are a hell of a lot nicer than Freelancer, but the gameplay isn't as good.

No ship selection, poor weapon selection compared to Freelancer, worse music, and most importantly, very little real exploration like there was in Freelancer. Just jump from system to system, each one has a trade station and maybe a science station and an asteroid or two. Controls are definitely better than Freelancer and it's easier to pick up. Need to turn up the difficulty slider for any real challenge though.

Not sure how it would play on integrated anyway, since my 4870 won't do more than 4x MSAA at 1080p and high.

nix327

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
Like the guys said..you'll be able to run most of the games upto 2008..also games like limbo, torchlight 1 & 2, mark of the ninja..you can look up newer games that will run on older pc's..if you want good games search for game of the year for a specific year on IGN or any similar site.
If you go to this link you can find the best games for different categories for the year 2005
http://bestof.ign.com/2005/pc/22.html

edit: you'll have to run the more recent games at low settings and resolution..also older games will be stretched on widescreen monitors.

tinyE

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012

Is Torchlight 2 as easy on the hardware as Torchlight 1? I'm kind of in the same boat as our friend Amaan here.

Is there single player or is it WOW-esk?
Thought I'd ask before I spend the three hours downloading the demo :D

nix327

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012

yes..torchlight 2 has a higher system requirement than torchlight 1 but the HD graphics (B940 has HD graphics not HD 3000) will definitely run it.

edit: it has single player