Need PC Gaming Headset Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon Hart

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
Hello guys,

I am looking to buy a new headset. Below is my specification, any help is much appreciated.

-PC gaming most of the time, sometimes I also play games on my PS3.
-Doesn't matter if wireless or wired.
-Watching Blu-ray movies on my PS3. I also listen to rock/metal music alot.
-I don't play online games so the microphone doesn't need to be good.
-I want the best audio quality as much as possible.
-I like the over-the-ear style
-My budget is $150, and I am living in the U.S.

Thanks in advance,
Leon

Solution
Rocketfish Gaming Headset from Best Buy, I also listen to the same type of music as you do, but most of the time it's Death Metal, Hardocre Metal, Speed Metal, just the roughest and brutalist metal that you can think of, I listen to. I also record music so I needed something good. Got them at Best Buy for $15 on sale one day and it's pretty damn nice for the music I listen to and record. Also, I gave it a try on a 7.1 surround sound 3D Blu-Ray late at night and I was totally amazed on how these headphones beats my 5.1 surround 3D Blu-Ray Player Home Theater System. Check them out, and let me know if you find anything for the music part as well. I like to have back ups with everything. Happy Head Banging my friend! =D

Trogdor1

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
Turtle Beach Earforce PX3.

Works on both PC and PS3, Wireless, separates voice and game audio so you can increase/decrease either, and lots of preset EQ settings, and you can program and save your own too. Oh - and awesome audio quality ;)

And its all plug and play.

I love mine :D

Adsuki

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
Rocketfish Gaming Headset from Best Buy, I also listen to the same type of music as you do, but most of the time it's Death Metal, Hardocre Metal, Speed Metal, just the roughest and brutalist metal that you can think of, I listen to. I also record music so I needed something good. Got them at Best Buy for $15 on sale one day and it's pretty damn nice for the music I listen to and record. Also, I gave it a try on a 7.1 surround sound 3D Blu-Ray late at night and I was totally amazed on how these headphones beats my 5.1 surround 3D Blu-Ray Player Home Theater System. Check them out, and let me know if you find anything for the music part as well. I like to have back ups with everything. Happy Head Banging my friend! =D

Solution

Leon Hart

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012

Thanks for the recommendation man. It's great to have another metal head around here :). It seems that there is a lot of Rockfish headsets out there. Could you send me the link or the name of the specific one that you are using? That would help a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.