Closed

FFXI Servers

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

I have a question about the servers: how do you determine which server
you end up on when you're generating a new character? I wanted to
eventually get together with a friend, but he's on the Gilgamesh server
while I'm presently on the Phoenix server. Can you jump from one to
another, and if so, how?
My present character is only 2nd level, so if I have to restart so I can
get on the server I want, losing him right now wouldn't be that big of a
deal.

Rick K.
12 answers Last reply
More about ffxi servers
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

    "Richard Kurgas" <ozgnp@sbcglobal.net> wrote in

    > I have a question about the servers: how do you determine which
    > server
    > you end up on when you're generating a new character? I wanted to
    > eventually get together with a friend, but he's on the Gilgamesh
    > server while I'm presently on the Phoenix server. Can you jump from
    > one to another, and if so, how?
    > My present character is only 2nd level, so if I have to restart so
    > I can
    > get on the server I want, losing him right now wouldn't be that big of
    > a deal.

    You need to do one of two things. Create and delete characters over and
    over until you get on the server you want to be on. Or, have your really
    super high level friend that you will never be near enough in level to play
    with buy you a world pass, which will let you join his server.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

    On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 23:48:15 GMT, "Richard Kurgas"
    <ozgnp@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    > I have a question about the servers: how do you determine which server
    >you end up on when you're generating a new character? I wanted to
    >eventually get together with a friend, but he's on the Gilgamesh server
    >while I'm presently on the Phoenix server. Can you jump from one to
    >another, and if so, how?

    No, better restart ...

    > My present character is only 2nd level, so if I have to restart so I can
    >get on the server I want, losing him right now wouldn't be that big of a
    >deal.

    Your friend have to buy a World Pass (
    http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/bestiary.html?fmobfunc=5 ) the price is
    different from server to server ...
    U can also try to ask here ...
    http://vnboards.ign.com/board.asp?brd=22560
    WorldPass thread :
    http://vnboards.ign.com/Gilgamesh/b22560/65269258/?23

    or here: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=12

    During the character creation insert
    World: Gilgamesh
    and then the worldpass ....

    >Rick K.

    PiPsqueak
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

    PiPsqueak wrote:
    > On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 23:48:15 GMT, "Richard Kurgas"
    > <ozgnp@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
    >
    >> I have a question about the servers: how do you determine which
    >> server you end up on when you're generating a new character? I
    >> wanted to eventually get together with a friend, but he's on the
    >> Gilgamesh server while I'm presently on the Phoenix server. Can you
    >> jump from one to another, and if so, how?
    >
    > No, better restart ...
    >
    >> My present character is only 2nd level, so if I have to restart
    >> so I can get on the server I want, losing him right now wouldn't be
    >> that big of a deal.
    >
    > Your friend have to buy a World Pass (
    > http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/bestiary.html?fmobfunc=5 ) the price is
    > different from server to server ...
    > U can also try to ask here ...
    > http://vnboards.ign.com/board.asp?brd=22560
    > WorldPass thread :
    > http://vnboards.ign.com/Gilgamesh/b22560/65269258/?23
    >
    > or here: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=12
    >
    > During the character creation insert
    > World: Gilgamesh
    > and then the worldpass ....
    >>
    >> Rick K.
    >>

    > PiPsqueak

    Bah, just play City of Heros that's comming out. Just the beta is still
    suppior to FFXI.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

    And "DarkSheer" <rdettl@dundee.net> reply:

    >Bah, just play City of Heros that's comming out. Just the beta is still
    >suppior to FFXI.

    ....... an idea .......
    ....... or u can buy a Barbie ........
    ....... and your frined can buy Ken ........

    PiPsqueak
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

    PiPsqueak wrote:
    > On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 23:48:15 GMT, "Richard Kurgas"
    > <ozgnp@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
    >>> I wanted to
    >>> eventually get together with a friend, but he's on the Gilgamesh
    >>> server while I'm presently on the Phoenix server.
    >
    > And "DarkSheer" <rdettl@dundee.net> reply:
    >>
    >> Bah, just play City of Heros that's comming out. Just the beta is
    >> still suppior to FFXI.

    > ...... an idea .......
    > ...... or u can buy a Barbie ........
    > ...... and your frined can buy Ken ........
    >
    > PiPsqueak

    Yes it is, and a good one. Another one could be I bend over and you can
    kiss it.

    Ryan
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

    On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 04:24:32 -0400, "DarkSheer"
    <rdettl__@__dundee.net> wrote:

    >Yes it is, and a good one. Another one could be I bend over and you can
    >kiss it.
    >
    >Ryan

    Hmmm, I still prefer mine ...
    Think ... Roleplaying could be awesome ...
    He can, for ex, call his Barbie Ryan ...

    K: Hi Ryan
    R: Hi Ken
    K: U r so beautiful
    R: Oh Ken u r always so gentle and tender.. I love u Ken
    K: I love u too
    SMACK, SMACK, SMACK, LOVE, SMACK ...

    But if u like to bend over ... I can look for someone who ll play with
    you ...

    PiPsqueak
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

    PiPsqueak wrote:
    > On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 04:24:32 -0400, "DarkSheer"
    > <rdettl__@__dundee.net> wrote:
    >

    >> Yes it is, and a good one. Another one could be I bend over and you
    >> can kiss it.
    >>
    >> Ryan
    >>

    > Hmmm, I still prefer mine ...
    > Think ... Roleplaying could be awesome ...
    > He can, for ex, call his Barbie Ryan ...

    Uh, ya, um sounds fun. *backs away slowly and runs out the door*

    > K: Hi Ryan
    > R: Hi Ken
    > K: U r so beautiful
    > R: Oh Ken u r always so gentle and tender.. I love u Ken
    > K: I love u too
    > SMACK, SMACK, SMACK, LOVE, SMACK ...

    That's just stupid. But comming from a retard that still plays with dolls,
    it's pretty normal.

    > But if u like to bend over ... I can look for someone who ll play with
    > you ...

    I should hope so, your getting boring.

    > PiPsqueak

    Feh!

    Ryan
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

    On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 13:36:37 GMT, "Pahsons - Somnolent - Insomniac"
    <pahsonspam@juno.com> wrote:

    >In a daze, I read DarkSheer's post, then collasped.
    >
    >> I should hope so, your getting boring.
    >
    >That happened a long time ago

    Found ...
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

    "Pahsons - Somnolent - Insomniac" <pahsonspam@juno.com> wrote in message
    > In a daze, I read PiPsqueak's post, then collasped.
    >
    > > On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 13:36:37 GMT, "Pahsons - Somnolent - Insomniac"
    > > <pahsonspam@juno.com> wrote:
    > >
    > >>In a daze, I read DarkSheer's post, then collasped.

    > >>That happened a long time ago

    > > Found ...
    > >

    > Nerd

    Dork
    --
    Ramen Junkie

    http://www.livejournal.com/users/lameazoid/
  10. Hi. :) It's easy to switch servers while still retaining all of the things in your MH and the levels AND, as is so often asked, the chocobo you're still raising. :) To do so, go to the PoL menu, choose the "Optional Services" option, and buy a World Transfer Pass. You can then move all your mules, gear, and everything to the new server. Just make sure you remove any items you have stored with an NPC before hand as there is some discussion on whether or not they're lost in the move. I am unsure about it but better safe then sorry. :) World Transfer cost $25.00 and will be charged when SE charges you for the game again. The first of each month. :cry: Optionally, seeing as how you are only level 2, you could also choose to forgo the $25.00 fee and just create a new character and stick him on your server of choice. In this case, Phoenix. Good luck and hope this helped. :) See you in Vana'diel! :D
  11. kmomo said:
    Optionally, seeing as how you are only level 2

    He was, 6 years ago.

    It's still good to see FFXI is still going strong though :D

    Although FFXIV is comming out soon, we'll see how it changes things.

Final Fantasy Games Servers Video Games