Sign in with
Your question

Do I need hd speakers with an hd driver

Last response: in Windows 7
October 31, 2010 1:43:07 AM

Hello, I just installed windows 7 64 bit OS and all the drivers but I get no sound. My motherboard is a AS Rock G31M-S R2.0 and is suppose to have onboard realtek HD audio. Do I need a sound card? I am only running 2.0 MB of ram, does this have anything to do with my problem? I have updated all my drivers, PLEASE HELP

More about : speakers driver

a b $ Windows 7
October 31, 2010 1:45:21 AM

No. You don't need a sound card. And your RAM has nothing to do with this.

Do you have the speakers plugged in? Is the port you plugged in the speaker to the correct port?
m
l
October 31, 2010 2:52:51 PM

Shadow703793 said:
No. You don't need a sound card. And your RAM has nothing to do with this.

Do you have the speakers plugged in? Is the port you plugged in the speaker to the correct port?

Good to know I dont have to have a sound card or my ram doest affect it. This happens on 2 sets of speakers and also my headphones, loaded the drivers that came with my motherboard a few times. Pretty sure I got them plugged into the correct input, the green one on the I/O panel in the back. Funny thing is that windows does not recognize that the speakers are plugged in, all I hear is static and switching noise from the speakers or headphones. Almost sounds like no driver but I checked that and drivers are installed. Wonder if it could be the jumpers, hate to open it up hen the pc is less than a week old
m
l
!