Sign in with
Your question

Far Cry 3 on GTX 560

Last response: in Video Games
December 9, 2012 3:58:14 PM

Hi,

i am planning on buying Far Cry 3 and i heard that it is a heavy game. I have a GTX 560 non Ti, 4 GB Ram and Intel Core Quad OCed @ 3.00Ghz. My resolution s 1680x1050. On what settings will i be able to play it? And how many frames per sec am i going to get in each setting (low-medium-high)?
Thanks in advance! :) 

More about : cry gtx 560

December 9, 2012 4:06:37 PM

I am not very profesional , but from what i saw and red i can tell you taht you will run it AT LEAST med/hight settings ! My friend got dualcore + weaker gpu and he run the game on med with decent fps and with almost same resolution!

My reply is not PRO, its just from experience, so wait for someone whos PRO will be :D 
December 9, 2012 5:51:13 PM

digrs said:
I am not very profesional , but from what i saw and red i can tell you taht you will run it AT LEAST med/hight settings ! My friend got dualcore + weaker gpu and he run the game on med with decent fps and with almost same resolution!

My reply is not PRO, its just from experience, so wait for someone whos PRO will be :D 

Thanks for your reply ;) 
Related resources
December 9, 2012 5:56:12 PM

I think you should be able to play on medium at that resolution. There are some optimization issues that some people are experiencing, but they should be patched soon enough. I have an overclocked Radeon 7870 that should be able to play on high-ultra at 1920x1080, but due to some optimization issues I've been playing on medium.
December 9, 2012 8:44:57 PM

I can tell that it runs good here @ medium on a 2.1GHz athlon 64 x2 (dual core), 3GB ram and a GTX 520. The resolution is 1440x900.

Good is relative, don't expect 60FPS but I think it can maintain 25 on my system.
Your res is a bit higher, but you hardware is also more powerful, so I'd give it a try.

What I would do if I were you is installing a cracked version, look how it runs and then decide to buy it or not.

Also keep in mind that new nvidia drivers are in beta (310.xx) which have optimizations for FC3, so you may want to try with that driver installed.
December 10, 2012 3:06:49 PM

stanniamen said:
I can tell that it runs good here @ medium on a 2.1GHz athlon 64 x2 (dual core), 3GB ram and a GTX 520. The resolution is 1440x900.

Good is relative, don't expect 60FPS but I think it can maintain 25 on my system.
Your res is a bit higher, but you hardware is also more powerful, so I'd give it a try.

What I would do if I were you is installing a cracked version, look how it runs and then decide to buy it or not.

Also keep in mind that new nvidia drivers are in beta (310.xx) which have optimizations for FC3, so you may want to try with that driver installed.

I am now going to be a pirate and give it a try. I also just installed the 310.xx beta drivers. BUT i am going to buy it cause i want to support the game company. Ubisoft is awesome!!! Only pirate games from EA and Activision! XD
December 10, 2012 3:28:08 PM

jordan27 said:
I am now going to be a pirate and give it a try. I also just installed the 310.xx beta drivers. BUT i am going to buy it cause i want to support the game company. Ubisoft is awesome!!! Only pirate games from EA and Activision! XD

Ssssh watch what you say !
December 10, 2012 9:22:55 PM

I have the same video card. With my current build i am able to run Far Cry 3 on Ultra with an average of 30 fps. at 1920 x 1080p. Im sure you would be able to get about the same with your computer at 1650 x 1050p.
December 11, 2012 3:58:09 AM

jordan27 said:

mind what d *** u r saying man.....
This site doesn't give a *** about piracy and u are contaminating it with your macabre thoughts.....
Why d hell wont u support activision or ea...??????
Do they make bad games....???? Huh...???
Get one thing inside your head jolt......no piracy *** on this site...ok.???
U are a youngster so i'm being easy on you....otherwise .........
December 11, 2012 10:10:16 AM

armageddon007 said:
mind what d *** u r saying man.....
This site doesn't give a *** about piracy and u are contaminating it with your macabre thoughts.....
Why d hell wont u support activision or ea...??????
Do they make bad games....???? Huh...???
Get one thing inside your head jolt......no piracy *** on this site...ok.???
U are a youngster so i'm being easy on you....otherwise .........

Hahaha chill out man i was joking about ea and activision. And i download it so i can see how it is playing with my system. Then i am going to remove it and buy it!
December 11, 2012 10:11:48 AM

hk144 said:
I have the same video card. With my current build i am able to run Far Cry 3 on Ultra with an average of 30 fps. at 1920 x 1080p. Im sure you would be able to get about the same with your computer at 1650 x 1050p.

But you have 8GB ram and 3.4Ghz cpu that improve it more. Do you have the GTX 560 Ti or not Ti? I have the not Ti and i haven't overclocked it.
Thanks for the reply!
!