Damn, it's so hot that my CPU is @ 64 cel...

Lrd_Mince

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2003
With the case OPEN!! It's usually at 47 degs max with full load. Minus the appeal of chicks with barely anything on, I hate the summer. It's getting so that now I have to lower my frequency when playing games(or might as well keep it low) which will cause a framerate loss.

svol

Champion
Join the family... I hate the heat in the Summer (not aonly runs my PC warmer then normal I also swet faster then a normal person), but I love the barely dressed chicks.

My CPU fan spins so fast that it creates a wormhole :eek:

Lrd_Mince

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2003
A 1.3ghz Thunderbird with some generic Coolermaster heatsink that I got from a local computer store. Came with some crappy thermal tape on it. And a

spike

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2003
I use a Thermalright SLK 800 with a Delta 80x80x38 80+CFM fan. My temp under load in the summer never gets above 100 Far. I also have a Thermaltake Xaser III case that I changed out the stock intake and exhaust fans with higher CFM fans. Do you have any intake and exhaust fans? If you dont that might be something else to consider. Another good heatsink and fan combo for your CPU is the Thermaltake Dragon.
I used it on one of my old systems and it is a good cooler. If you get that one make sure to get the 7000+ RPM version. There are a lot of other good coolers out there try to find reviews on them. One last note I always use Artic Silver III paste on my CPU instead of that cheesy thermal pad.There is a good how to use Artic Silver at there websight. Good luck
See my system specs below.

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
AMD Athlon XP 2700
512 MB Corsair Twinx
MSI Ti4600 8X
3DMARK2001SE 14654