Problem With WoW FPS

weaviljt

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
So I recently built my first computer with a i5 Ivy Bridge and a 560 TI graphics card. I got great FPS (90 on Ultra). However, the graphics card died within a few days. I got the graphics card on a Black Friday deal and the one I received is discontinued and out of stock. So I had to downgrade to the cheaper 560 non-TI, which is only one step down on the hierarchy. I ran the driver sweeper and cleared all of the old Nvidia drivers and re-installed them. Now when I run WoW on Ultra it starts out at around 60 and just plummets from there. I reduced the settings to Low and the FPS are just as low as on Ultra. My Skype conversation slows down. My latency seems to be fine, around 43ms, but this is REALLY frustrating. Does anyone know what's going on?

weaviljt

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
I haven't tried the MSI, however I noticed that when WoW is on my CPU usage is at 100%, while only 5% when it is closed. I'm not at all computer savvy, I have 8GB of RAM and this is a new i5, just built this last week.

digrs

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012

Well days back with old games , this was a problem !

Oh I know what was at fault. I guess you have just installed the game? Last expansion, Blizzard implemented game updating during the gameplay: that way you can play and have the game updated at the same time. Since the update takes a long time, it makes sense to be able to play during it. However, if your internet connection is fast enough, it is able to download the update faster than to install it: hence the lag. I hope that clears it up a bit :).