Audio problems

switch5439

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2010
Just installed Windows 7 64 bit on a new pc, I have no audio. I have an AS Rock G31M-S R2.0 motherboard and I installed all the drivers. The MB is supposed to have onboard audio, realtek HD audio. I only have 2 MB of ram could this be the problem. Only hear staticy audio and switching noise out of speakers or headphones. PLEASE HELP

If you are not using the rear panel connectors, please do so. Also disconnect the front panel connector from the motherboard.

If the problem goes away, reconnect the front panel connector to the mobo. If the problem returns, you have a problem in the case (front panel) itself.

If the problem doesn't go away, make sure you have the correct drivers installed for your 64-bit OS. If you do have the correct drivers, you have a motherboard problem. (Assuming your speakers are proven good.)

switch5439

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2010

Well No caution signs or yellow marks in device manager, just under sound is Realtek HD audio and the device manager says all is working ok with it. Loaded the drivers that came with the motherboard, in fact I have ran that disk a few times, the funny thing is that the computer doesnt recognize that the speakers are plugged in. They are plugged in to the green speaker jack on the back of the desktop. All I hear from the speakers is static and switching noise.

switch5439

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2010

well I would disconnect the front panel connector but I dont want to open the case seeing how this is a new computer and it hasnt worked since I turned it on . I am just tempted to send it back to the person I had build it for me. Just thoughtr it might be a software problem or something I could fix and not void the warranty by opening the case

switch5439

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2010
Well thanks, I just wanted to check and make sure there is not anything that I could have done on my end to create the problem. I also was wondering if there was anything I could do to fix it short of opening the case up and voiding the warranty. Think I got my answer and thanks for your help