Far cry 3 cannot enter story mode second launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

cainy1991

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
title says it all...
finally finish downloading game from steam... played all last night not an issue...
launched the game this morning... and I cannot enter story mode...
I click the story mode button...it makes the sound... and does nothing...
I can still enter multi player and co-op ..... nothing else...
anyone else have this issue?

Darklor37

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012

Exact same thing is happening to me.

Played 8 hours yesterday with no problems. Quit out of the game and went to sleep. This afternoon I wake up and load the game. When I click story it just makes the select sound but doesn't do anything, same when I try to click options. It lets me click co-op and multiplayer but once I'm in either of those new menu windows I can't connect to play them. To add insult it doesn't even allow me to click the back button, that won't respond either.

I've looked through the ubi forums and multiple other forums and haven't seen anyone else post about this problem. When I looked through the ubi forums it made me a little sad at how many issues there seem to be and the complete absence of ubi responses.

If you find a fix please let us know.

cainy1991

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
still didnt find a fix(sorry guys).... my mobo somehow died in the process of installations and restarts...
and Im now trying to figure out if its salvageable LOL

if it is I will get back onto this issue asap.

dang1357

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
i have the same issue it's driving me insane. i tried ever god damn thing, and it's still not working ......ALL HOPE IS LOST FOR ME......> please Help<.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
:fou: :sweat:

Fazzy666

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
Ok, i had the same problem but i got it working again, im not sure if it will work for you but i simply just downloaded patch 1.02 and it worked xD

(also if you are on torrented version from skidrow, download patch 1.02 install it, then apply the crack again.)

terzelius

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012
Hi people, I found a way to access story and options, but there's a huge drawback, you'll see.

You have to open the file orbit_api.ini located in Ubisoft/FarCry 3/bin. Then you have to change the value. It is supposed to be set at 46 (if my memory is good). Change it to 47 or 48 or any number near 46. Save the file. Start the game, you should be able to access Story mode and options.

THE DRAWBACK: if you quit Far cry 3, and reopen it, you won't be able to access story once again. You'll have to change the value in orbit_api.ini again to another number AND you won't be able to get your saved game (which I really don't know where is stored in my computer).

So that's it. I might try to download patch 1.02 and apply the crack again.

crytek89

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
The save files for Far Cry 3 are located in C:\ProgramData\Orbit\46
If you change the orbit_api.ini value to 48 and change the folder to 48 in Orbit and do a restart, it should work.

jace

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013
I have the same problem, i tried yalls previous method with changing the orbit.api_ini files value but notepad denied it for some reason, if anyone has any other methods for fixing this plz reply and i will post more if i can find the fix. -Jace

delet your save games and restart the game... (just move them to a differentfolder rather than deleting them) the game should then start properly... save a new game then move back everything bar the config files.

as for the ini file. just save it to the desktop then drag and drop it into the required folder.
your getting access denied because c: is protected storage... a lot of games wont allow you to save directly to the install folder but will allow the drag and drop form the desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.