tmoutlawz

Distinguished
May 8, 2003
I have a A7N8X mobo (with updated bios), newly purchased 2700 barton, GENERIC COPPER CPU FAN, 1 512 ddr 333, 1 256 mb ddr333, samsung 40 gb 7200 rpm hd, g force iv mx440 w/64 mb ram 8x agp, lite on cdrw drive, lite on dvd rom, SB live, 400 watt power supply. Know I have a couple of questions:
1: can I utilize the dual channel ddr with my memory or does it have to mach, which slots do I put the memory in to use the dual ddr(both blue color?)
2. I have multiplier at 11 and fsb at 200, and it runs perfectly stable, when I takt the multiplier up to 11.5 at 2300 mhz, I can load up and all but after running some programs it reboots. any adjustments I can make in the bios to fix that?
3. what are some memory timings that I want to use?

ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR BIOS SETTING TO GET THE MOST OUT OF MY SYSTEM?

svol

Champion
1. No you need memory that is exactly the same.
2. Try increasing the VCore with 0.05V, but ONLY do this when your CPU temps aren't high.
3. I need more information about your memory to help you here... like brand, type nummers, etc.

My CPU fan spins so fast that it creates a wormhole :eek:

TheRod

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
For dual channel operation : there is 3 memory slots on your board. 2 are the same color. Put your memory stick in them. DO NOT PUT ANY MEMORY IN THE THIRD SLOT, this would disable the DUAL-CHANNEL operation.

--
Would you buy a GPS enabled soap bar?

svol

Champion
Yes... always, you need memory with exactly the same size to make dual channel work, and preferably of the same type and brand too to prevent instability.

My CPU fan spins so fast that it creates a wormhole :eek: