help me choose a HSF

wigwam

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2003
Hi

I am looking to replace the stock HSF on my 2100+. i dont particularly want to go down the road of big[=expensive!] beasts like the thermalight etc and so was looking at maybe the Spire/Speeze coolers or the glacialtech.

The first aim is for it to be quieter than stock. Just as important though is cooling power and yes i do plan do do a little overclocking...i currently run my 2100 at 2400+ with the stock hsf and it is fine at 54C [and stable].
Ideally i want to either get the system to 2800+ or at least run it at 200Mhz FSB.

What do you advise? from reading around the Falconrock 2 appeals, but what about the Whisperock3? I understand there is also a whisperock 4 out but see no info on it.

how are they compared with the Glacialtech Igloo 2500pro?

or do i just bite the bullent and get a Thermalright SK7 and panaflo L1a setup? [the CFM of these panaflos seems mightly low though....]

i would really appreciate some advise

smitbret

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2002
Go with the Speeze Model 5F263B1M3 for AMD/Intel Socket A/370. It's $7 (+$5 shipping) on New Egg. The fan is 2500 rpm, so it's very quiet and runs 3 -4 degrees cooler than my Thermaltake Volcano 7. I've built about 7 systems in the last few months with these, and every time I am amazed at the performance of this ugly little beauty. You'll be able to overclock a bit with it, too.
-Brett