Vantec Aeroflow opinion

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
Wanted to let everyone know that I put in a Vantec Aeroflow hs and the arctic silver hasnt bonded yet but already dropped at least 10-15c regularly.
I was running at 45c after hours of use with a 25c case temp.

I just checked it a few hours after I put on the new hs and I was at 33c at the cpu and 33c in the case.
This new temp recording is without any other fans in the case.
When I got 45c/25c I was running one rear exhaust fan.

I'd say this is quite a good improvement myself.

My old heatsink/fan was a Alpha PAL6035 (a 60mm copper/aluminum hs) with a 60->80mm fan adapter and a 80mm 3dcool.com 4k rpm fan on it. I didnt think that the old alpha was meant to be used on faster athlons, even my 1700+, I had bought it for a 700mhz sktA athlon (thunderbird core)

anyway, point being, the socketa aeroflow is kicka$$
now i hooked up my two front case fans (sunon fans) and the rear one, i also have a dual fan enermax psu.
the case is a antec sx600 (slits are open for the two front case fans). will probably order 3 vantec stealth fans and see how quiet they are.

its not as quiet as i hoped but its quieter than my old hs/fan. you really arent going to get any quieter and get any decent performance out of a athlon hs though IMO

Athlon 1700+, Epox 8RDA (NForce2), Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 9 80GB 8MB cache, 2x256mb Crucial PC2100 in Dual DDR, Geforce 3, Audigy, Z560s, MX500

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
Its been idling for all day and I'm at 27c.cpu/24c.system. It seems to be keeping the cpu near the system temp, which IMHO is what your looking for, because you arent going to get any cooler than the ambient air in the case. Very efficient.

Anyone else want to post their aeroflow temps?
Or non aeroflow temps for that matter.

Athlon 1700+, Epox 8RDA (NForce2), Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 9 80GB 8MB cache, 2x256mb Crucial PC2100 in Dual DDR, Geforce 3, Audigy, Z560s, MX500<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by kinney on 06/30/03 10:40 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
26c idle 28c load on costum made pIII slot 1 cooler...Ha i beat you...

Those are very good temps...i imagine they are at stock speed, I think it is time to start overclocking

43c under load running an AMD XP 2700+, not too shabby in my book, and a heck of a lot quieter! Kinney how've you been doing? Things work out for you as far as school went?

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>

svol

Champion
CPU 36 (full load), system 34 C... with an Athlon XP 1400@1750 MHz. Beat you...

... watercooled ofcourse. :smile:

My CPU fan spins so fast that it creates a wormhole :eek:

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
I'm still kickin'. Doing a little arguing on toms (what else??), playing a little warcraft 3 expansion, a little D2:LOD with my new girlfriend over the LAN, and drinkin some beer! My study has concluded you dont have to be sober to be good at diablo. ;)

You must remember my asskicking post.
I decided to let it go, I got a few more comments thrown my way but nothing I couldn't handle. In the end actually the guy was to curious to be a jerk, once he found out I use an Nforce2 he had a ton of questions for me.. he likes nvidia but hates amd (happened to own both brands too.. damn fanboys...)

Athlon 1700+, Epox 8RDA (NForce2), Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 9 80GB 8MB cache, 2x256mb Crucial PC2100 in Dual DDR, Geforce 3, Audigy, Z560s, MX500

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
I thought so. Its a palamino core also... I would imagine a thoroughbred or barton core would be even better.
I keep my apartment pretty cool, its central air and about 68-70deg all the time. I hate warmth.

I dont know if the money would be worth upgrading to a barton core, if I do it'd be a 2500+. I used to o/c when I had my 700mhz thunderbird but it burnt up when I tried 1ghz. Since my board has a locked pci bus and I think the palamino is already unlocked I might do some fiddling..
but I never expect athlons to o/c well

Cool Dude! I'm glad things worked out for you, I've been backing up in my gaming with my reluctance to give up some of my older games, IE(Win98SE Vs WinXP Pro) been dual booting for a while so I could get back into Aliens Versus Predator, been having a blast with it, more fun than the first time through, maybe because I know whats coming, still its a tough game, WinXP won't play it though, so thats why the dual boot. I'm definitely a FPS fan to the max, going to jump on A vs P 2 when I finish this one, that one I can play on WinXP. Catch you Later Kinney. Have a good one!

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
My aeroflow keeps my Athlon 2200 (at 1900Mhz) at 33 idle, 39 under load, though I'm not too content with the noise level and am going water soon as I get my ass to the store and get some distilled water, heh.

<b>I have nothing better to say</b>