OliverNo1_1

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2003
Please bear in mind im a noob:-no flames please!

I am currently using a Qtec(I know-garbage)550w PSU

I ahve the opportunity to buy a Hiper 550W(Opinions plz) PSU for € the cost of a true power Antec

Please advise-i am using a Barton 2500 and the 12v rail is down at 11.5 and less-clearly this is not right-so i need to get something with some more reliable oomph.

TheMASK

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2003
I have heard quite a few ppl, infact, many ppl swear by the Antec PSU. i have never heard of the Hiper brand though. Antec, Enermax and whats the other one??? Crashman's fav?? these three are the best, so i hear.

<b><font color=red>The statement below is True.</font color=red>
<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=959979" target="_new">3DMark 03 score - 297 </A> :cool:
<font color=blue> The statement above is false.</font color=blue></b>

OliverNo1_1

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2003
Cheers,

Went for the ANtec Truepower 480W-looking at reviews and such left me with the impression that this was the one to go for.

Expensive though-£90-as opposed to £25 for the previous Qtec.

So i would expect it to be VERY stable at that price.

TheMASK

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2003
congrats oliver. the other one i was talking about is the FOrtron, the one that was awarded the best PSu by THG. Anyways, Antec shud be of no prob to u.

<b><font color=red>The statement below is True.</font color=red>
<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=959979" target="_new">3DMark 03 score - 297 </A> :cool:
<font color=blue> The statement above is false.</font color=blue></b>

svol

Champion
Try to look for a Forton, Sparkle, FPS PSU (same PSU different name), they are cheaper and better then Antec PSUs.

I love my Delta 60HP 7000 RPM fan that puts out more dB then CFM :eek:

OliverNo1_1

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2003
SParkle-as in the budget components maker?
Surely they arent better than Antec, or not in any review ive seen that is.

But you are entitled to your opinion-so thanks for the input.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Sparkle Power, as in the company that buys Fortron power supplies, slaps their own lable on, and charges a few dollars more.

I'm sure their are other companies that use "Sparkle" in their name.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, I've seen some of those early cheap color ATX cases marked as "sparkle" brand, but I don't believe that brand had any association with Sparkle Power. In fact, I made the same mistake as you a couple years ago.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

TRENDING THREADS