Summer is here !!!

Bosse

Distinguished
May 31, 2003
Hi

I run my 2500+ @ 200x11 and it worked fine, but now the summer is here and it gets to hot even with case open and and lowerd to 200x9.5. Does anyone know some good cpu cooler i can buy ???

My CPU cooler = Spire FalconRock II

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
You have a good heatsink. The Falconrock II is right up there with the SLK-800 when both are using the same fans, powerful fans that is.

Are you using the stock fan? Have you tried something like the Thermaltake Smartfan II?

By the way, no matter what HSF combination you use summer heat will always affect cooling and overclocking.

As for lower overclocks, it's just plain physics. On a cool day you overclock near your limit for your rig. On another day, a much warmer day, your limit will be lower.

<b>56K, slow and steady does not win the race on internet!</b>

speeduk

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
Heh, I just cant stop modding my case! The best cooler I got was free and involved a trip into the garage. I decided the plastic bottle cut in half and stuck onto my hsf wasnt enough...

I found a long peice of tube that was used on the dryer, very smooth and insulated, just right for the job. I stuck one end of that in my case and put it over the fan on the heat sink and placed the other end out the window...lol My temps dropped 3-6c over my original design. Now idling at 38C with fan on full and 44C loaded.

Overall going from 51C idle and 56 loaded without mods, ive got my self one hell of a cooler!

I cant wait till winter gets here!!! lol...

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=945569" target="_new"> MY RIG </A>
<font color=red> 120% overclocker </font color=red> (cheapskate)

Nights_L

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2003
Well..tell you something
my Palomino 2000+ is 55C idle, and go up to 67~68C full loading, cuz it's SUMMER...geez..
it uses to 50C idel and 60C full load at Winter time
and my pc is at basement..I can't imagine what will happen if my pc is upstair..will it get burned?? lol

speeduk

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
lol you'r running the processor on the edge. Thats too high for my taste but if its stable then I guess its fine...

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=945569" target="_new"> MY RIG </A>
<font color=red> 120% overclocker </font color=red> (cheapskate)

Nights_L

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2003
Exactly, that's not only too high for your taste, but to my taste as well, I don't like it, but what can I say? since it's stable, I guess it's fine too
I used to open CPU cooling program when i'm not doing things intensive, so the cpu temperature drops down to ~43C
but again, when I have to play 3D games, I have to turn that program off, otherwise it will usually crash.
When I come back from gaming, it goes up to 65C..
I never play a game long like 3 hours, I don't know what would happen if it stays at such high temperature for 3 hours? Reboot?