phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I have the Igloo 2500 (non-PRO). It works well but I don't like the clip, too much pressure. It does allows some decent overclocking with relatively low noise. If it weren't for the clip I'd recommend it.

I don't know why Newegg raised the price to $25. I only paid $16, shipping included.

I can't speak for the Falconrock. Have you considered the Falconrock II?

Newegg doesn't carry it yet but <A HREF="http://www.ExcaliberPC.com" target="_new">ExcaliberPC.com</A> has it for $12.

With the stock fan it's not much good for overclocking but with something like a Thermaltake Smartfan II...

<b>56K, slow and steady does not win the race on internet!</b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by phsstpok on 07/03/03 10:03 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Fallen

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2002
Well, I am not too impressed by the FalconRock II. I think that if it had a better (but louder) fan, it would probably do alright. As it sits now, I am using the FalconRock on an XP1700+ and an NF-7S. I have it overclocked at 200 x 10.5 with stock voltages and it still heats up to 65c when I play games. I guess that for $12, I shouldn't complain.

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
What did you expect? It only has a 1 watt (well, 1.08 watt) fan. In stock trim the FalconRock II is good for quiet cooling but not much else.

If you want to overclock you SHOULD use a better fan.

Still, it got you to 2.1 Ghz even if your CPU is running a little warm. Is it stable stable?

<b>56K, slow and steady does not win the race on internet!</b>

Fallen

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2002
Well, I was kind of going for the quiet thing. I plan to put it on water here shortly, but I am still doing the design work. The FalconRock is very quiet, and I don't have any problems if I leave the side of the case off. With the side on, it heats up to 65c, where I've got the bios set to kill it. My other computer makes too much noise with a V9. We'll see how the liquid setup works...

heylookitsjerry

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2002
Hey guys. Thanks for all the responses...

I guess it seems none of you seem to favor any of my choices. =) I guess i was basing my decisions on the review of 65 coolers by digi-tech.com i believe.

Do you guys have any opinions about the Volcano 7+ or Aero 7+?

Again thanks for the help.

svol

Champion
I personally don't like the aero 7, but the Volcano 7+ is a good heatsink, but it only support a 70 mm fan.

I would get a Thermalright SLK800 or 900 with a big but low-noise fan... they're currently the best heatsinks.

I love my Delta 60HP 7000 RPM fan that puts out more dB then CFM :eek: