What is the best non-MMO gaming mouse?

FreyjasChosen

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
Hello Community! I've been using a Logitech G9 mouse for years now and loved every bit of it, but now it looks like the left mouse button is dying, it only acknowledges a click every four or five times I try. So it's time to get the new latest and greatest mouse. What do you all recommend? Keep in mind that I play first-person and strategy games but I don't play MMOs, so I don't need a dozen (or any) macro buttons on my mouse. I just want it to roll nice and smooth like my current one does.

I was looking to get a Razer mouse when I read all the nasty reviews about their required Cloud software...shucks.

If this question has been answered already, please point me to the threat or article? Thank you. :)

Solution
I'm using the Razer Imperator. Great light mouse, big so it fits in my hand, has a rubberized thumb grip, good scroll wheel, and macro buttons you can position forward or backward, depending on where your thumb belongs in long gaming sessions. I love this mouse for FPS games because it is so light and easy to move around with barely any resistance.
There are so many mice models because everyone likes something diffrent.
There are 3 main forms or mice use:
Claw grip, finger grip and hand grip. Google those first to find out what user are you (mostly depends on the games you play and how good you really are at them).
From there, i suggest you search some decent mice thread (http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=174311) like the one i liked under. Note that the site is focused on mainly an RTS game, so you might want to check other places as well.

Serthy

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
Personally, I use the Razer Naga Epic, you don't have to get the profiles or there cloud software.

Yes it does have 12 thumb buttons but even while playing a strategy game you can set up individual keys for your thumb, like for instance i play diablo 3 and i set up some of my attacks on the mouse buttons so it's easier access.

Also the dpi on the mouse is 5600 i believe which from a fps standpoint is more then enough, plus it has 3 interchangable gribs on it and a 12 hour continous wireless gaming capacity.

I like it it fits so nice in the hand and flows rather smoothly. :)

I've been curious, as I've heard a couple people mention this, why does it matter where the sensor is located? It is not used against the monitor, so everything is relative to how far you move the mouse and not where specifically it's located. I've always been curious on how it could affect anyone unless it goes off the end of the pad.

Btw, I also second the G400 if you don't want or care about additional buttons.

ybnrmalatall

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012

WHOAH

Nice question and honestly I would love to make a video to explain this to you but I have no camera so HERE WE GO DUDE ;)

Okay so

It isn't all about perfection where the sensor is it is mostly preference
BUT it does help then it is centered due to

SAY when you mouse your mouse left to right
it moves not perfectly left and right looking at your hand

more like a sunset like

.-"""-.

Kind of motion right?
You do not want this in fps's or really any game to actually happen on screen so therefore instead of doing that with a centered mouse it makes an almost perfect line even when your motion is not

with a uncentered or forward placed censor you get the tip effect

the tip effect is when you are doing that motion it will follow it exactly and be a lot more pains taken to use

UHMMM I hope you get it

OKAY HERE

This might help

1AvBt

and no I do not move my hands like that
it is more of a over time movement across my mousepad and not 90 degrees and more like 40
but it is still stupidly annoying

EDIT: Okay sorry about the all over the place explanation (I am very unorganized and my thoughts are everywhere...sooo....yeah sorry again)

So this issue is if you turn your hand when you move it, having it closer towards your wrist, it turns less. I don't turn my wrist, but I do understand what you mean. Though even when I turn my wrist through experimenting, I'm surprised at how little it does what you talked about.

I realized later why my tests did not show the results you explained. The reason it does not cause an arch motion on the screen is because when you create an arch, the mouse is still always moving perpendicular to it's orientation, which creates a straight line. It doesn't matter if you took a mouse, and spun it 360 degrees in a circle where the butt of the mouse is always facing the middle of the circle, you'd still get a perfect straight horizontal line on the screen, as the mouse would always be moving perpendicular to the mouse. The difference is the one with the sensor further forward, would move faster.

Anker laser precision gaming mouse , the new budget king... founf on amazon
8000dpi 9 buttons and very responsive... its on special on amazon for $20 normal price $30 for the money you wont get better.

this will be my standard responce from now on for a budget mouse..

if you want better your looking at x2 the price.
any mouse that uses the avango 9500 is well worth a look.
http://www.esreality.com/wiki/Hardware:Mice_Sensors take your pick...
in fact pretty much any mouse with a avngo sensor will be good. every mouse i have had and there have been a few with the avago sensors have been great mice... thats the g5, g500 and roccat kova recently... there have been many others but these stood out at the time.

Corsair Vengeance M60 is a good mouse, very good in fact.
the refreshed versions of the rat 7 are also well worth a look
Zowie EC1/2 also very good but a bit basic as far as features go. but perfect for the smaller handed user.

ybnrmalatall

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012

It still is a laser and all lasers so far have issues
It also does have accel

The difference, from what I'm told, is you can turn the acceleration down to 0, where as the other mentioned can't go below 10%. It is also listed as an Optical sensor, and not a Laser sensor.

Anyways, the difference is likely very small. I don't have an issue with the laser sensor HEXit mentioned as the best, as that is what my G700 uses. I only mention it because there are a few here that would strongly disagree.

russiannick29

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2013
I'm using the Razer Imperator. Great light mouse, big so it fits in my hand, has a rubberized thumb grip, good scroll wheel, and macro buttons you can position forward or backward, depending on where your thumb belongs in long gaming sessions. I love this mouse for FPS games because it is so light and easy to move around with barely any resistance.

Solution