Sign in with
Your question

Far Cry 3 SweetFX mod

Last response: in Video Games
Anonymous
December 11, 2012 11:49:43 AM

Hello

There is a graphic mod available for Far Cry 3.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/far-cry-3-comparison-swee...

Does this also work with DirectX 11? And if not, what is the disadvantage of using Far Cry with DirectX 9 over using it with DirectX 11? I've read somewhere that DirectX 11 made some big graphic improvement and Far Cry 3 looks better with DirectX 11. If this is true, the SweetFX mod would be useless.

More about : cry sweetfx mod

December 11, 2012 2:10:59 PM

As far as i know, this mod does not change the Dx version. I can give you an afirmative on that on DX10 (crysis 1).
DX11 has huge improvments, but i higly doubt they are used well on farcry 3 (i saw gameplays of farcry 3, and it is a DX9 based game, with dx10/11 bearly noticible).

However, why not try sweetFx first and then post it already with the results? :D .
Anonymous
December 11, 2012 4:07:05 PM

Yes, but this mod does not work on DirectX 11 and I want play with Dx 11.
Related resources
December 12, 2012 9:36:23 AM

You could try applying SweetFX using the RadeonPro betas that have it builtin - that works with DX11

SweetFX also normally works for DX11 - just not with Far Cry 3
Anonymous
December 12, 2012 1:56:40 PM

I tried it out and SweetFX works with Far Cry 3 under DirectX 11. Very curious. Could it be the case that it is automatically changed to DirectX 9? But in the options there is DirectX 11 enabled. Where can I check if really DirectX 11 is enabled?

Quote:
You could try applying SweetFX using the RadeonPro betas that have it builtin - that works with DX11

What are the RadeonPro betas? Do you mean the beta graphiccard driver?

I've installed the AMD 12.11 Beta driver (which should provides performance optimizations for Far Cry 3). Is it because of this beta driver that SweetFX works with Far Cry 3 under DirectX 11?

And what do you mean with build in? Do I don't have to copy the SweetFX files into the /bin directory?
December 13, 2012 6:15:56 AM

In FarCry 3/bin/farcry3_d3d11.exe < this is true DirectX 11. It's not true DX11 unless you use this exe, even with DX11 checked ingame. ;) 
Anonymous
December 13, 2012 6:38:29 AM

Thanks. I will try if SweetFX also works with this.

Does somebody know what CeeJayDK meant with RadeonPro betas and how I can use this with SweetFX?
December 13, 2012 8:42:32 AM

tried this mod earlier and couldnt get it to work. swapped a few files about like they recommend in the instructions but still no joy... btw its only works on ati hardware...
radeon pro is the radeon game profiler. personally i never used it other than tryed it out. it didnt help improve games much so i binned it.
ati uses something catalist profiles which are the same kind of thing but are an optional download for xfire users.

also if you dont have dx11 hardware you cant use dx11. yes dx11 is installed on windows but if your card is dx10 or 9 then thats the best you can have. sweetfx is an injection tool that takes advantage of some direct x filters they arnt dx11 filters just 1s that are often disabled to increase performance.
but like i said if you dont have dx11 hardware you cant run farcry3 or any other dx11 game in dx11 mode.

December 13, 2012 8:45:57 AM

mods please delet this message the site wont allow me to

Anonymous
December 13, 2012 12:33:40 PM

Quote:
tried this mod earlier and couldnt get it to work. swapped a few files about like they recommend in the instructions but still no joy... btw its only works on ati hardware...
radeon pro is the radeon game profiler. personally i never used it other than tryed it out. it didnt help improve games much so i binned it.
ati uses something catalist profiles which are the same kind of thing but are an optional download for xfire users.

also if you dont have dx11 hardware you cant use dx11. yes dx11 is installed on windows but if your card is dx10 or 9 then thats the best you can have. sweetfx is an injection tool that takes advantage of some direct x filters they arnt dx11 filters just 1s that are often disabled to increase performance.
but like i said if you dont have dx11 hardware you cant run farcry3 or any other dx11 game in dx11 mode.

I have a AMD HD 7870. It support DirectX 11, that's not the problem.

Is the radeon game profiler a driver or do I have to install it besides the driver? CeeJayDK wrote that the radeon game profiler has the SweetFX build in. So i only have to copy and paste the settings of the according SweetFX profile?
December 14, 2012 12:36:45 PM

RadeonPro is a tweaking tool for ATI/AMD Radeon cards.
It's made by Japamd - a forum member on Guru3D.
He is not employed by AMD and it's not an official AMD tool, however AMD does try to support his work as it's a popular tweaking tool that many people like.

You can find the latest RadeonPro betas here : http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=322031
December 14, 2012 12:50:37 PM

well they have certainly improved the profiler from when i last looked at it... so putting all previous asside i am gonna check this new version out...
btw ceejaydk sweetfx works well with crysis 2. can i use it on multiplayer without it causing any issues with anti cheat software... like i said it works fine on the single player. i used it to take some of the bright colours down a bit and generally darken the gama but keep[ the mid and high tones to give a more realistic flavor...
its not perfect but to me it is an improvement that will need more tweeking in settings but for now its a start... thanx for this...
December 14, 2012 4:22:20 PM

When I'm running farcry3_d3d11.exe the game is much slower. Until now I think, I've run DirectX 9 without knowing it.

Is there really such a big difference between DirectX 9 and DirectX 11 for this game? Of course I can lower the settings and play DirectX 11 but then, perhaps, DirectX 9 with the higher settings looks better.

Thank you CeeJayDK for the info and the link. I've read the following about RadeonPro and SweetFX.

Quote:
Built-in SweetFX integration, allowing global and per game SweetFX effect shaders configuration. SweetFX can be used on any DirectX 9/10/10.1/11 games running on 32-bit or 64-bit. Configure SweetFX at RadeonPro settings and remove all 3rd party injector's DLLs from game directories if you want to use RadeonPro's SweetFX integration.

Does this mean that I don't have to copy the SweetFX files into the /bin folder of FarCry 3?

And where do I have to put the SweetFX_settings.txt?
!