Final Fantasy XI, Graphics card

Archived from groups: alt.games.ffxi,alt.games.final-fantasy,alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

The recommended Graphis card at a minimum is the:
NVIDIA GeForce series graphics processing unit with 32 MB or ATI
RADEON 9000 series graphics card,
and the recommended one is the:
NVIDIA GeForce3 or GeForce4 Ti series graphics processing unit (AGP)
with 64 MB of VRAM,

Question, Is anybody playing the game with a different inferior/poorer
graphics card than the minimum reccomendation?

Cheers

laters

Dj

Archived from groups: alt.games.ffxi,alt.games.final-fantasy,alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

On 6 May 2004 03:11:32 -0700, djsaltynuts@mbanje.com (DJ Saltynuts)
wrote:

>The recommended Graphis card at a minimum is the:
>NVIDIA GeForce series graphics processing unit with 32 MB or ATI
>RADEON 9000 series graphics card,
>and the recommended one is the:
>NVIDIA GeForce3 or GeForce4 Ti series graphics processing unit (AGP)
>with 64 MB of VRAM,
>
>Question, Is anybody playing the game with a different inferior/poorer
>graphics card than the minimum reccomendation?
>
>Cheers
>
>laters
>
>Dj

Tried a voodoo 3 card and a Geforce TNT card for fun and the game
won't even start. Gives a hardware failure.

Archived from groups: alt.games.ffxi,alt.games.final-fantasy,alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

djsaltynuts@mbanje.com (DJ Saltynuts) wrote in

> Question, Is anybody playing the game with a different inferior/poorer
> graphics card than the minimum reccomendation?

Dude, you can get a low end FX5200 or 9200 for like $50. If you can afford
the game but not the card, you really couldn't afford the game to begin
with.

--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
AIM: FrznFoodClerk

Archived from groups: alt.games.ffxi,alt.games.final-fantasy,alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

> > Question, Is anybody playing the game with a different inferior/poorer
> > graphics card than the minimum reccomendation?
>
> Dude, you can get a low end FX5200 or 9200 for like $50. If you can afford
> the game but not the card, you really couldn't afford the game to begin
> with.

Dude, this has nothing to do with money, I'm just seeing if my machine
needs an upgrade and while i'm doing that I might aswell get the best
card out there.

laters

Dj

> Dude, this has nothing to do with money, I'm just seeing if my machine
> needs an upgrade and while i'm doing that I might aswell get the best
> card out there.

If you are looking for a new graphics card, what price range are you in?
You may be better off trying to put it off for a month or so if possible.
nVidia's NV40 will be on the shelves, with the X800 or whatever ATI is
calling their new Radeon line. With those on the shelves, you could pick
up a Radeon 9800 or nVidia FX5900 for around $170 to $200. The 9800 model
from Sapphire is going for like $212 on Newegg.com right now, so the price
is getting towards the consumer sweet spot.

--

DeMoN LaG <demonlag@snip.net> wrote in message news:<Xns94E5EFFA3990AWobbly@208.42.66.156>...
> djsaltynuts@mbanje.com (DJ Saltynuts) wrote in
>
> > Dude, this has nothing to do with money, I'm just seeing if my machine
> > needs an upgrade and while i'm doing that I might aswell get the best
> > card out there.
>
> If you are looking for a new graphics card, what price range are you in?
> You may be better off trying to put it off for a month or so if possible.
> nVidia's NV40 will be on the shelves, with the X800 or whatever ATI is
> calling their new Radeon line. With those on the shelves, you could pick
> up a Radeon 9800 or nVidia FX5900 for around $170 to $200. The 9800 model
> from Sapphire is going for like $212 on Newegg.com right now, so the price
> is getting towards the consumer sweet spot.

Thanks for the tips, i'll check out the stores,

cheers

laters

Dj

Archived from groups: alt.games.ffxi,alt.games.final-fantasy,alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

Im getting by on a ATI All-In-Wonder 7500, i tried going up the the 9800 and
got nothing but system troubles trying to run FFXI so it is possible to run
on less then the recommended.

Kinjer
Ifrit Server

"DJ Saltynuts" <djsaltynuts@mbanje.com> wrote in message
> The recommended Graphis card at a minimum is the:
> NVIDIA GeForce series graphics processing unit with 32 MB or ATI
> RADEON 9000 series graphics card,
> and the recommended one is the:
> NVIDIA GeForce3 or GeForce4 Ti series graphics processing unit (AGP)
> with 64 MB of VRAM,
>
> Question, Is anybody playing the game with a different inferior/poorer
> graphics card than the minimum reccomendation?
>
> Cheers
>
> laters
>
> Dj

Archived from groups: alt.games.ffxi,alt.games.final-fantasy,alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

> Im getting by on a ATI All-In-Wonder 7500, i tried going up the the 9800 and
> got nothing but system troubles trying to run FFXI so it is possible to run
> on less then the recommended.
>
> Kinjer
> Ifrit Server
>
> "DJ Saltynuts" <djsaltynuts@mbanje.com> wrote in message
> > The recommended Graphis card at a minimum is the:
> > NVIDIA GeForce series graphics processing unit with 32 MB or ATI
> > RADEON 9000 series graphics card,
> > and the recommended one is the:
> > NVIDIA GeForce3 or GeForce4 Ti series graphics processing unit (AGP)
> > with 64 MB of VRAM,
> >
> > Question, Is anybody playing the game with a different inferior/poorer
> > graphics card than the minimum reccomendation?
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > laters
> >
> > Dj

I'm gona wait till the prices go down on some of the newer cards, Got
a GeForce2 MX400 AGP 64MB for free of my mate for now, so I can wait
for a while.

laters

Dj

Archived from groups: alt.games.ffxi,alt.games.final-fantasy,alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

Do NOT buy a Radeon for FFXI
You have to get a Geforce.
we got a great one for 98.00 (frys) .which was going normally for 114-119.00
It is a geforce ultra 5200 128.. but you should try to pay a little more and
get a 256. Not that ours is no good..it's awesome but the 256 would prolly
be better for memory
Chey

"Chey" <cheyjc@houston.rr.com> wrote in

> get a 256. Not that ours is no good..it's awesome but the 256 would
> prolly be better for memory

There is little reason to get an FX5200 with 256 megs of RAM. The local
texture memory on that card doesn't hold you up, the RAM bandwith and core
clockspeed are what makes that card a budget card. Compare a 128MB FX5200
vs a 128MB Radeon 9800 pro and see if the amount of RAM makes a difference.

--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
AIM: FrznFoodClerk
email: demonlag@snip.net

Archived from groups: alt.games.ffxi,alt.games.final-fantasy,alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

ULTRA

> "Chey" <cheyjc@houston.rr.com> wrote in
>
> > get a 256. Not that ours is no good..it's awesome but the 256 would
> > prolly be better for memory
>
> There is little reason to get an FX5200 with 256 megs of RAM. The local
> texture memory on that card doesn't hold you up, the RAM bandwith and core
> clockspeed are what makes that card a budget card. Compare a 128MB FX5200
> vs a 128MB Radeon 9800 pro and see if the amount of RAM makes a
difference.

> --
> website: http://www.demonlag.com
> AIM: FrznFoodClerk
> email: demonlag@snip.net

Andy

Archived from groups: alt.games.ffxi,alt.games.final-fantasy,alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

"DJ Saltynuts" <djsaltynuts@mbanje.com> wrote in message
> Question, Is anybody playing the game with a different inferior/poorer
> graphics card

It runs fine on my Playstation2 ;-)

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 13:55:17 -0400, "Andy" <andyz@yyz.org> wrote:

>"DJ Saltynuts" <djsaltynuts@mbanje.com> wrote in message
>> Question, Is anybody playing the game with a different inferior/poorer
>> graphics card
>

>It runs fine on my Playstation2 ;-)

PC graphics are 10 times better the the PS2's

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: alt.games.ffxi,alt.games.final-fantasy,alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

And I was fixing to buy a GeForce or Radeon with 256MB. Hmmm...

If the game is configured with the maximum on all the graphics stuff,
it still only needs 64MB?

Michael wrote:

> And I was fixing to buy a GeForce or Radeon with 256MB. Hmmm...
>
> If the game is configured with the maximum on all the graphics stuff, it
> still only needs 64MB?

Buying any video card w/ more than 128MB is a waste - any game that
actually needed that would be too much for today's video cards.

Jason

"Jason Sawyer" <bedazzled32@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Michael wrote:
>
> > And I was fixing to buy a GeForce or Radeon with 256MB. Hmmm...
> >
> > If the game is configured with the maximum on all the graphics stuff, it
> > still only needs 64MB?
>
> Buying any video card w/ more than 128MB is a waste - any game that
> actually needed that would be too much for today's video cards.

Doom 3.
--
Ramen Junkie

http://www.lameazoid.com