Far Cry 3 Widescreen FPS Gtx 690

billymac10

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering what FPS everyone is getting in Far Cry 3 if you're running triple screen, either Nvidia Surround or EyeFinity.

I'm running at 5142X1050 bezel corrected and I'm between 45-65 fps all the time with everything at Ultra with MSAA disabled. It's definitely playable.

BTW I had to go into the Nvidia inspector and use a different SLI bit. I also enabled FXAA in the inspector but I'm unsure if it's really doing anything. It doesn't change the FPS if it's on or off.

Do you think that's acceptable FPS for that resolution with that card? I'm always looking for ways to squeeze a few more frames in so if anyone has additional tips, I'm all ears.

Very cool and beautiful looking game BTW.

My Specs:
Asus Z77 Sabertooth
i7 3770k @3.8
EVGA GTX 690
8gb RAM 1600mhz

given that GTX690 is very similar to GTX680 SLI in terms of performance maybe you can compare your result with this review though the review only test the game in single screen:

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/12/05/far_cry_3_video_card_performance_preview/3

also i have been hearing about strange things about the game MSAA. for geforce user you can get better frame rates if you force the AA through driver instead of using in game MSAA option.