Presario 2297 memory?

I recently had a Presario 2297 follow me home. It's kind of a cute thing
and makes an excellent 'smart typewriter'. Now that I've sorted out the
modem issue, it's a handy backup for 'net work.

My question is - how do you make it recognize more than 64 meg of memory?

Thanks,

John Mackesy
(Melbourne, Australia)

Max memory is 256MB in two 128MB DIMMS. It likely MUST be low density ram
(chips on both sides). Check out www.crucial.com

Tom

John Mackesy wrote:
> I recently had a Presario 2297 follow me home. It's kind of a cute thing
> and makes an excellent 'smart typewriter'. Now that I've sorted out the
> modem issue, it's a handy backup for 'net work.
>
> My question is - how do you make it recognize more than 64 meg of memory?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John Mackesy
> (Melbourne, Australia)

Problem solved - you just have to use the right sort of memory

John Mackesy