ZoneAlarm Suite 5 and mIRC

I have tried every possible combination that I can think of to connect to
mIRC but it is always blocked by ZoneAlarm 5.
Never had a problem with earlier versions of ZoneAlarm.
Anybody know what is wrong?
Using: XP Pro SP1
TIA
5 answers Last reply
More about zonealarm suite mirc

    On Wed, 26 May 2004 09:51:11 +0200, monkfish wrote:

    > I have tried every possible combination that I can think of to connect to
    > mIRC but it is always blocked by ZoneAlarm 5.
    > Never had a problem with earlier versions of ZoneAlarm.
    > Anybody know what is wrong?
    > Using: XP Pro SP1
    > TIA

    Hi

    I suggest you ask in the Zonelabs forums here http://snipurl.com/5nev

    Regards

    Bill

    Thanks Bill but I already tried that, there seems to be a few people with
    the same problem and nobody has come forward with any kind of solution.

    On Wed, 26 May 2004 12:34:04 +0200, monkfish wrote:

    > Thanks Bill but I already tried that, there seems to be a few people with
    > the same problem and nobody has come forward with any kind of solution.
    >
    > "phoenix" <phoenix@fakeaddress.invalid> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 26 May 2004 09:51:11 +0200, monkfish wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have tried every possible combination that I can think of to connect
    >>> mIRC but it is always blocked by ZoneAlarm 5.
    >>> Never had a problem with earlier versions of ZoneAlarm.
    >>> Anybody know what is wrong?
    >>> Using: XP Pro SP1
    >>> TIA
    >>
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I suggest you ask in the Zonelabs forums here http://snipurl.com/5nev
    >>
    >> Regards
    >>
    >> Bill

    Sorry, I didn't realise you knew about the forums as it seems to be a well
    kept secret. <g>

    I'm afraid I can't help as I don't use mIRC and although I've just
    installed ZAP 5 on all my PCs it's working without problems, touch wood.

    Regards

    Bill

    Have now found the cause of the problem:
    1) Goto IM Security
    2) Settings
    4) Uncheck 'block IRC'
    As I am not using IM security I never thought to look there. It seems to
    block it even if IM is not used

    On Wed, 26 May 2004 13:49:05 +0200, monkfish wrote:

    > Have now found the cause of the problem:
    > 1) Goto IM Security
    > 2) Settings
    > 4) Uncheck 'block IRC'
    > As I am not using IM security I never thought to look there. It seems to
    > block it even if IM is not used
    >
    > snip

    Thanks for letting me know that. Glad you're sorted. :-)

    Regards

    Bill

Firewalls Security Networking