Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Replace Xbox 360 fans with monster fans?

Last response: in Video Games
December 12, 2012 4:10:41 AM

Hello TH community,

I'm thinking about replacing the Deltas that came stock with the 360 elite with something that blows more air. I play with a surround system on, so noise isn't a problem.

I was thinking of a pair of this fan:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

What do you guys think? I'm considering this project because I suffered a RROD once, and I don't want to go back to that again. Plus, even before the incident I noticed that the 360 gets mad hot.
December 12, 2012 5:21:39 AM

I've done a bit more reading, and have decided to take a different route.

Instead of simply replacing the Deltas, I'm thinking of simply modding the case so that they become intake fans instead of exhaust.

Then, I would mod the case in order to add another fan near the CPU heatsink and GPU heatsink extension to act as an exhaust fan.

I think this would be a much better cooling plan without too much effort. Thoughts?
m
l

Best solution

December 12, 2012 10:13:37 AM

Cut out holes and put fans at the front for intake then fans at the back for exaust and one large one ontop for exuast.

Sorted :D 
Related resources
December 13, 2012 1:57:46 AM

Yeah I'm gonna do the case mod for a large top intake. Ain't no room for intake fans at the front, Pravus.
m
l
December 13, 2012 6:22:10 AM

There is if you move connectors and such. But a less hardcore mod would be a top fan ;) 

I would make sure your rooms not crazy hot as well.
m
l
December 13, 2012 6:45:07 AM

That's gotta be like 25 or 30 mm. I'll look into that. Thanks Pravus
m
l
December 13, 2012 6:45:25 AM

Best answer selected by mpdahaxing.
m
l
December 13, 2012 6:56:35 AM

OH yeah. Very small server ones but if noise if no issue they will keep it cool for sure.

Maybe even try new thermal paste. Mx4 or something.
m
l
!